How Do I Wire This Sub?

Participant count
  • Participant list

JasoninDLH

Jason Was Here
MN
Just curious how you would wire one 2 ohm SVC sub up to this 2 ohm mono amp which has four speaker wire connections (right now I believe I have it connected to the far left + and far right negative)? Maybe it doesn’t even matter?

How would you wire it up to a 4 ohm DVC sub?

73001960-2287-4AF5-ACEA-82BD10E18242.jpeg

Just use one set of terminals they are both have the same output signal...the dual set is just to make wiring options a bit easier

Last edited:
^exactly.

Each polarity pair of terminals are internally connected on a mono amp, so makes no difference which you use, can use just two terminals, or can use all four if you need to.

I typically wire the subs inside the box, so SVC or DVC doesn't matter in my situations. The wire would be connected the same at the amp, I typically only use two terminals, and then route to the box. Example, a 4 ohm DVC would have the coils paralleled right at the sub to make it 2 ohm, then one wire ran to the amp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...