How Do I Stop Head Unit From Skipping

dumpinnotes
10+ year member

Omaha
I have a newer clarion cd player and the bass in my truck shakes every thing in the truck. The cd player skips alot due to the vibration. I have a dash kit that fits it all installed right. I was wondering if any body has any tips to keep the cd player from Vibrating.

Backstrap the cd player, this is a pain in the butt to do in most newer vehicles but may be the only way to solve the issue. If this does not work, then it may be voltage related (doubtful though) but more likely is related to the subs itself. What happens is simple, a laser sled has a resonant frequency, say 55 hz for example. If your subs hit this frequency with enough amplitude, it will cause it to skip. This is not a design flaw but is standard practice. Most of the "meat and potato" lines of cd players are built to hit the price point, this means that they are built for the average consumer and not the die hard bass fiend who is trying to **** air out his lungs with his subs. If this is the case then I suggest a couple of things. One is the new MB Quart NRA450 marine cd player with a 30 second anti skip buffer - problem solved. Second is find a old Panasonic Rebel Gear cd player with a 10 second anti skip buffer - problem solved. Third, upgrade to an Eclipse that has a laser sled with a resonant frequency of 19hz and servos that react instantaneously to situation just like this.

Thanks forbidden that is the best response i could ever get. It tends to do it worst when i hit a really low note. If this tells you why the hole truck shakes like this I have 2 15" MMATS in a ranger so every thing shakes like hell in there. Im going to see if i can find one of those cd players i couldnt thank you enough.

No worries dude, advice is free any time. I only wish there were forums like this 18 years ago when I first started with car audio. FAK this means I've now spent half my life doing car audio. Good times for 18 years. I still continue to learn new things every day and expect to for quite a while yet, this industry changes every year and you have to change with it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.