FM and AM stop working after 20 sec-15 min

Participant count
  • Participant list

AudioAnomaly

CarAudio.com Newbie
AVH 1330 NEX
Worked great for 3 1/2 years.
Now the FM and AM provide no audible output at all after somewhere between 10 seconds to 15 minutes. There’s only silence when this occurs. No static. No intermittent audio. Just silence and failure to detect a station to stop on. Radio starts working again after vehicle is turned off then cranked back up. FM/AM doesn’t work again if I only power cycle the radio.

ALL other head unit functions perform as they should. To include Apple CarPlay and Bluetooth connection. I’m

ALL other head unit functions perform as they should. To include Apple CarPlay and Bluetooth connection. I’m
I just learned a couple of days ago that shark fin antennas are powered. Your issue may be related to that. Either the power to the antenna is cutting out or the antenna may be on it's last leg.
Best way to test is if the wire to the antenna (blue or blue/white) has power when the issue occurs.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...