How do I pick 6x9 component with 3.5 tweeters

Rob93

Title sums it, I’m getting tripped up and could use some suggestions. Every build I’ve done the vehicle has taken standard 1” tweeters. I’m going to upgrade the door speakers in a new vehicle which takes all 6x9, but my dash tweeters are 3.5”. How should I plan this? Do I buy the component speakers and instead of using the 1” tweeters it comes with, buy 3.5” tweeters also and simply use those instead? I’m assuming I should try to match RMS between component speakers and tweeters as well. Ty for any suggestions.

Yeah it’s a 19 Dodge Grand Caravan, have half of the install ready just tripping on these speakers. Going to have 2 NVX 12’s @1ohm final in the trunk on an Orion 2500.1, Rockville DB45, super cap, high output alt, big 3.. I’m guessing get brackets for the outer 3.5 openings and do a full range in center though really wanted to utilize the full 3.5 space.

Yeah it’s a 19 Dodge Grand Caravan, have half of the install ready just tripping on these speakers. Going to have 2 NVX 12’s @1ohm final in the trunk on an Orion 2500.1, Rockville DB45, super cap, high output alt, big 3.. I’m guessing get brackets for the outer 3.5 openings and do a full range in center though really wanted to utilize the full 3.5 space.

Just make adaptors out of wood or ABS. Cutting boards are popular choice.

Are you going to run a DSP? Could always go active and run raw drivers for the mids and tweeters. PRV has 6x9" mid ranges and then you could get some larger tweeters. Or what I would do is go from 6x9 to a 6.5" mid and something like a Peerless CD35sc06

Really depends on if you want SQ, SQL, or just loud mids and highs.

You could do a 6x9 midbass in the doors and something like these in the dash...

Attachments

• JL-Audio-c2-350x.jpg
    JL-Audio-c2-350x.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 68
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.