How do I hookup 4 12" subs and 2 amps

Ok I am a bass head and I am looking for a way to peak my system, I dont care if is not good to constantly peak everything all the time because I'll replace anything that blows.

Heres what I have..

1000w 12" Nitro dual voice coil (bmw-3712)

1000w 12" Nitro dual voice coil (bmw-3712)

1000w 12" Volfenhag dual voice coil (ZX-4712DVX)

400w 12" Rockford Fosgate Punch HE single voice coil (RFP-4412)

(dont make fun of my German concept subs I've been rocking them for 5 years!)

800w Kenwood amp (kac-7201)

750w (I think.. cant remember the wattage and it doesnt say) Concept amp (cd-1210)

I have the 3 1000w subs wired for 1ohm and all wired to the concept amp and rocks my world and every other car within a 5 car radius. But of course when you are addicted to bass theres no such thing as too much bass. So I now have an 800w Kenwood amp I want to add, but since it is not as powerful as the concept I'm not sure if I'm wasting my time with it or not. I cant figure out a way to wire it in without taking away bass. I know the basics of wiring a system but when it comes to figuring out what ohms are, and the best way to run the wires for peak performance I'm lost.

So in layman's terms could someone help explain the best way to wire all this up even if it means doing away with the kenwood, I still want to make sure I've got everything wired for peak performance.

thanks

I say sell it all and start from the ground up... Lurk the forums for a few days and get some ideas.. i think that would be your best bet.. i have never been a fan of multiple subs that dont match.. Feel free to ask any questions.

same here and it looks tacky....however this is what I have built from the ground up! I'm a cheap bastard and I just grab the best deal I see come along..and by best I mean cheapest. My system slams hard and I just wanna know if theres a way to make it hit harder with what I've got.

I think making a really nice ported box for your 2 nitro's that match will sound better. With all the different imdependances of you speakers I couldn’t even tell you what load your amp is seeing… What kind of enclosures do you have these subs in?? Your install could be a big factor on why your subs are hitting like you want them to.. Pics please.

I just built a very simple box.. 5'2" long, 16" high, 17 1/2" deep with and even space between the 4 subs with dividers between each. It is not ported because I know nothing about the exact specs of how big/where to port boxes. I've built a few other boxes and tried to port them and it never comes out sounding right.

I took some pics but they are in the process of being sent, I took them on my phone and it takes a few hours before it finally reaches my computer, so when they get here I'll have pics of the box, subs and amps.

same here and it looks tacky....however this is what I have built from the ground up! I'm a cheap bastard and I just grab the best deal I see come along..and by best I mean cheapest. My system slams hard and I just wanna know if theres a way to make it hit harder with what I've got.
audioque

/story

so you have 3 different types of subs and 2 different amps?

you can get louder and better quality by just using the 2 matching subs and one amp because the other subs and mismatching power would make all the subs interfere with each other. They will fight each other acoustically and can cancel each other out in some frequencies.

You could sell the other amp and 2 mismatching subs and try and but 2 more subs and another amp that match the Nitros and one of the amps.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.