How do i get my subwoofer to hit high notes aswell as low notes. (Average experienced)

Participant count
  • Participant list

terrorbeatz

CarAudio.com Newbie
iowa
Im running an Orion HCCA 122 12. and Hifonics Brutus 4000.1D amp with a 10 farad cap. I can say im more then happy with the lows I hit, but I cant hit hardly any high notes with my setup, I used to have 2 sundown sa 12s and they used to hit high notes hard as hell even with the lows but I didn't install it myself. now I installed this current setup myself and am stummped on how to hit all notes possible like highs. not sure if its the sub, amp, enclosure, the cap, etc.. any insights or advice would be amazing if possible!

Also its in a Cadillac Seville STS with the common pioneer stereo double din. stock bose speakers in doors.

So my enclosure is the problem? how type of enclosure would you recommend for my problem? I have plywood not mdf. its like the thickest ply I wanna say about an inch-inch 3/4 ish not sure. its good wood though. whats your thoughts?

see im thinkin that's my problem my box is just built without researching specs, its like 18 tall 30ish wide and the port is like 3 inish the port looks like an L leading into the main sub area like a basic box sort of speak its not an ideal one that's forsure
have any spec designs that would help?

The sub inherently limits midbass performance in trade off for stronger deep bass performance in its electromechanical parameters, you can tune it as high as you want, its not gonna hit those higher notes like your SAs or it'll sound really crappy doing so. It doesn't use shorting rings like sundown does.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.