How do I get earthshaking bass with my current setup?

Participant count
  • Participant list

jraf126

Ok, heres my setup guys:

-Alpine MRV- T757 amp 2\1 channel

-2 12" Alpine type Rs in a sealed enclosure

-Alpine 6-cd changer (didnt want to ruin the dash by putting in a head unit)

Im driving a 1991 Lexus LS40. The guy who installed my system said that it wont be that loud because I dont have a drop down back seat and because the gas tank is between the trunk and backseat, would that make a huge difference in sound?. Anyways I want to know how I can make my system put out deep earth shaking bass. How should I bridge the system, any tips on making it louder?

Thanks in advance

Im using a sealed box. The specs for the amp are:

-100W RMS per channel into 4 ohms

-200W RMS per channel into 2 ohms

-400W RMS bridged into 4 ohms

How should I wire the speakers so that I get max power going into both?

Any cheap udgrades that could help?

If I were you I'd get on ebay, sell that amp and get a jbl 600.1. You'll probably have enough money left over to pay for enclosure materials. Then find out what size of box and port(s) you need. With those 2 things your bass output should dramatically increase. Maybe double.

I'm no enclosure know it all, by any means, but people were getting good results from ported enclosures long before subsonic filters were poplular. They're a nice feature, but not completely necessary.

As far as the amp...Jmac, you said yourself for a lot of bass he should probably run more than 400. And IMO, especially when dealing with subs, power is FAR more critical than a pretty amp with a big name on it.

Originally posted by Jmac Alpine's reliability record is practically flawless ...

Can't say the same about the JBL, though ... (Still, I consider it to be a very good amplifier, especially for the price.)

The extra 250 watts would probably only gain around 2 dB, anyways ... Although, he would have more wiring options with the JBL ...

The Alpine doesn't have a subsonic filter, either ... You don't need one for a ported box, but it is beneficial to have one //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Does theRF 1000bd.1 have a subsonic filter? I'm still lingering during my last minutes, on either JBL 1200.1 or a 1000.1...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Originally posted by Jmac Yup //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
and the JBL BP 1200.1 doesn't have one?

If I decide on a JBL instead of an RF, then is there anyway I could perhaps prevent it from blowing my subs?

I'm going to go with your recommended enclosure measurements(slot ported, 30.2Hz) with 2 12" punch HX2...thanks a lot for this, I really appreciate it:)

I guess this box should give me awesome SPL, but how about in terms of SQ? I think the HX2's would give me a LOUD system no matter what I do with it, so maybe a sealed? I notice that 90% of the time, you recommend a large ported box... since I'm gonna go with around 1000W RMS, again, I assume the decibels will be there no matter what...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.