how do i convert circular port to slot vented help me i have to start tomorrow!!!!

Participant count
  • Participant list

Nutdawg651

CarAudio.com Elite
so i get all my dimensions research everything i need to build my new box tomorrow go buy all the materials and tonight i open the speaker package to go over all parameters one more time , and i read the speaker is optimal in a box with a circular port witch i do not want to find or spend anymore money im way over budget from borrowing i want a new type r , ne ways i have my design and its a slot port does anyone know how to convert the dimensions from circular to slot while still getting 36 hz or am i good with wat i have now ???

View attachment 26543165

I think that is tunned a little higher than 36Hz try the port at 2"
Yea I got the plans from someone on this forum not gonna say no names I knew they were shady because some of the cut pieces dont fit together I have to use a filler and seal it good I gues I could just take a small cut piece a glue it to the edge at the port and make it 2 inches

precision port has a calculator on their website, just enter box dimensions and play with port diameter and length till you get what you need. hope that helps. btw- the 3" diameter port kit cost about $16 or so shipped. more $ for a larger diameter.

Yea I got the plans from someone on this forum not gonna say no names I knew they were shady because some of the cut pieces dont fit together I have to use a filler and seal it good I gues I could just take a small cut piece a glue it to the edge at the port and make it 2 inches
you could just double up on te port wall to th inside of it it would make your port openig smaller. did you get plans from them or a kit if just plans te cuts are on you , but kit its on them.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.