How do I brace a roof

Based

CarAudio.com Elite
Louisiana
My plan is to get a few strips of MDF or plywood and glue them to my roof going side to side and then putting deadener on the roof, and I plan on using either Lord Fusor adhesive or something like that... But how do I clamp the pieces of wood to my roof long enough so that the glue can dry?

...pretty much my only questioin....//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/nerd.gif.c6fa51ddf7ff75f1c0371fbc648f70ae.gif

The product you mentioned is for repairing and filling plastic and will not glue wood to metal. You'll need construction adhesive and you can hold the stringers in place with braces that go from the floor to the roof.

The product you mentioned is for repairing and filling plastic and will not glue wood to metal. You'll need construction adhesive and you can hold the stringers in place with braces that go from the floor to the roof.
oh ok thanks a lot man. Construction Adhesive (Liquid Nails) is a lot cheaper than Fusor lol. And yeah I just watched a video from TwistedChild420 and that's how he did it he just had pieces of wood going from the floor to the roof.

I imagined a sedan with like 2 12's.

I wouldn't use wood unless it's like 2x4 size but that's super bulky, I'd go with flat bar in aluminum or steel (weatherproofed, obviously) at like 2" x 3/8" with round bar welded down the center for a kind of T shape. Welding to the roof would be strongest but would probably f your paint up on the top of your car from the heat. Maybe full coverage with some structural epoxy. That way you still might squeeze the headliner back on.

Assuming this is still a daily driver that you don't want to screw up the interior

PL Premium works very well. I use 1x2's and self tappers into the roof suports to hold the wood in place overnight. Use shims to push wood tight against the roof. Normally easier to do each span in 3-4 pieces since the roof will contour....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.