How did you guys get started

Participant count
  • Participant list

-01limited-
10+ year member

Where are my 72 virgins?
In the audio business?

I think it'd be cool to be able to have your every day job in the field just curious how you all got your start.

Is there anyone here that works for the mainstream companies like rockford fosgate, kicker, alpine, kenwood, etc.

And if you have opened your own business where did you start it at.

Just looking to see how everyones involved out there:D

It depends on what your talking about...there are a lot of different fields in the ca world that you could get into, all with different paths leading to them.

I will be a guinea pig......i do work for a local pawn shop that added on an audio store bout 6 yrs ago. We deal Orion, Hifonics, Directed, Fusion, ect. I got into car audio when i was 16 and worked at Mcdonalds. My boss sold me his 300 watt jenson amp and his RF Punch 10" sub. From there i have been hooked ever since. I have ran RF, Kicker, Crossfire, Kenwood, Alpine, Orion, Memphis, Soundstream, Infinity, and Digital Designs. We compete against the lacal car audio shop that tried to convince me that I should run my one 12" dual 4ohm sub at 1ohm and let it rip. That is how i got my start.

It depends on what your talking about...there are a lot of different fields in the ca world that you could get into, all with different paths leading to them.
I'm talking anything. From commercial sales to starting your own company. Just kinda want to hear how everyone got to where they are. Hows the industry changed over the years and what not.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.