How clean is the SoundQubed HDS2.1 Series??

I think the old Kappa 120.9w is finally done for. A lot of the glue between the suround and the dust cap is gone and it makes that signature RIP crunching sound haha. Time for a budget friendly replacement... Came across the SoundQubed HDS2.1 series. They're only like $100 a piece and everyone seems to like them. For those of you that have heard them, how clean do they sound? I'm not expecting it to sound like an Image Dynamics sub but I'd just like to know if they sound good with all music on a 35hz or under box. Also don't know if I should go with the 8, 10, or 12.... I have 500W @2 ohms to work with

i'd up the budget and get a dayton HO 12 instead.
You think even the 8 wouldn't sound that good?

I have heard the Dayton HO is a very nice sub. My broke a** would just like to keep it closer to $100 though because that's what I got on this Visa card lol.

To be honest with you, I think the Kappa I got was defective from the start but being a novice I didn't totally notice. Half the time it sounded not too clean like not too far off my P1s That was with a properly set amp and a proper sealed box with no air leak. Hmmm is the NVX VS series any good?

To be honest with you, I think the Kappa I got was defective from the start but being a novice I didn't totally notice. Half the time it sounded not too clean like not too far off my P1s That was with a properly set amp and a proper sealed box with no air leak. Hmmm is the NVX VS series any good?
sounds like its not the subs that are the issues. You are running into phase issues possibly through poor loading etc...

sounds like its not the subs that are the issues. You are running into phase issues possibly through poor loading etc...

I had the sub face the trunk lid as it should be. BUT, I did have that ski pass thing open which is basically the middle seat down (all my seats don't fold). That was probably creating a bit of a band pass effect with the sealed box. Didn't think it was hurting anything really lol. What would've been the best remedy for not hurting the subs and phasing in that case? I just didn't want to to tear up the car lol

I have a pair of infinity kappa perfect 10.1 svc 4 ohm bnib if interested

But if only looking to spend $100, look at Dayton ho, alpine type S, and ID

I had the sub face the trunk lid as it should be. BUT, I did have that ski pass thing open which is basically the middle seat down (all my seats don't fold). That was probably creating a bit of a band pass effect with the sealed box. Didn't think it was hurting anything really lol. What would've been the best remedy for not hurting the subs and phasing in that case? I just didn't want to to tear up the car lol
4th order ported through the ski pass.

Hey Chris, I have a bnib sony gs12. I'd sell you that for 100. A pair of jbl 12's in a prefab sealed box for 100. I probably have a ton of other **** lol. I'd have to look. But if you ever want to test different subs let me know. Pretty sure we talked before.

American Bass XD 1244 12 Inch 500w RMS DVC 4 Ohm Subwoofer - SSA STORE

For a decent sub for $100 bucks and less and for the power you have on tap.. This would be my choice.I picked up the 10" version this past Feb. and placed in 1.6@35 htz, on an old school Autotek Mean Machine 66HC @ 2 ohm mono in a Spyder and it hit really clean..I have a Pair of HDS210s and 12s,and 312s and 310s, and have to say that this sub sounded much better than the HDS212 series in 2.0@32 htz..The 312 series are much better as well as the HDC 3 series I have as well.But for $100 bucks?? It sounds pretty good and does well.

Hey Chris, I have a bnib sony gs12. I'd sell you that for 100. A pair of jbl 12's in a prefab sealed box for 100. I probably have a ton of other **** lol. I'd have to look. But if you ever want to test different subs let me know. Pretty sure we talked before.
Yes, Gary we have talked before. I was always asking some stupid question on here lol. I appreciate your offer! I am leaning towards the XD 12 suggested, but I will get back to you if I change my mind.

American Bass XD 1244 12 Inch 500w RMS DVC 4 Ohm Subwoofer - SSA STOREFor a decent sub for $100 bucks and less and for the power you have on tap.. This would be my choice.I picked up the 10" version this past Feb. and placed in 1.6@35 htz, on an old school Autotek Mean Machine 66HC @ 2 ohm mono in a Spyder and it hit really clean..I have a Pair of HDS210s and 12s,and 312s and 310s, and have to say that this sub sounded much better than the HDS212 series in 2.0@32 htz..The 312 series are much better as well as the HDC 3 series I have as well.But for $100 bucks?? It sounds pretty good and does well.
Thanks for the suggestion man! You've really got me sold on this one now.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.