How Can I Power an Amp From a 120v AC wall outlet..?

Whats the point of plugging in the amp if you can plug the sub straight into the wall?

j/k, get something like this:

Amazon.com: Pyramid PS26KX 22 Amp Power Supply: Electronics

Keep in mind its only rated at 22a and most amps can draw much more than that. If you want to just power it up at low volume it would work fine. If you want to do full power you'll need a couple 100a power supplies which cost major $$$.

Yes, there are power supplies built just for that, and a guy like ma would justify the high pricetag to bench amps, and shops for displaying equipment. There are options on the cheap, like a dry cell and battery charger or even an old manual charger, computer power supply up to a certain amount, etc...... If you plan on going with new stuff just to set something up to play, it would be cheaper to go wit a home reciever/amp....

You guys are terrible. Lol. Op, don't plug it in. It will go pop and be dead. A computer power supply is easiest for testing purposes but don't expect to get the amp up to full power. If you use a computer power supply you will use the yellow wire for 12+ and a black for negative. And tO get the power supply to turn on you will need to jump the green wire on the 20 pin connector (24 on newer ones) to a black wire.

Plug the charger in the wall clamp it to the corresponding terminals on the battery connect amplifier to battery. jump the + to the remote on the amplifier.

Searching is so hard they should really come up with something that searches all the Internet for dumb questions that have been answered 40000000'times

it may introduce slight noise to the amplifier but no it will not hurt the amplifier unless it malfuctions and sends higher than normal voltage to the amp. But it is very rare for a newer battery charger to malfunction in that manner due to better protection circuits than the chargers of yesteryear.

I remember in high school when one of my friends tried to power an Orion 222sx in his bedroom with just a battery charger. His poor amp went up in smoke.

I use an Iota DLS-55 in the house and I also connect the Iota to my car battery when I do an extended tune session. I don't understand why my neighbors get so mad at me for idling my Mustang after midnight. You'd swear I have long tube headers and an aftermarket exhaust or something.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.