How all do you secure your rides?

The Camry

Hey, I Try.
Feel free not to answer for obvious reasons but i was thinking ive got some serious cash into my whip and id love to throw an alarm or master kill switch or something on it.

I dont trust alarms. No one listens for alarms unless its late at night. WE all ignore alarms when we hear them in parking lots and such plus a good thief can have one off pretty quickly.

Just looking for ideas on what is good security.

Dual alarm sirens one in front of car one in rear. DONT put the alarm kill switch and brain directly under steering colum like everyone else. Use tamper proof screws to secure your stuff. Most theives carry a philips and flat heat. Not a custom driver for a tamper proof screw such as the snake eyes spanner

Dual alarm sirens one in front of car one in rear. DONT put the alarm kill switch and brain directly under steering colum like everyone else. Use tamper proof screws to secure your stuff. Most theives carry a philips and flat heat. Not a custom driver for a tamper proof screw such as the snake eyes spanner
A battery powered dremel with a cutting wheel can turn any screw into a flat head. Even your snake eyes...

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/up2something.gif.dd110ecf3ae4b76050d87598f2f8de7c.gif

But yes, uncommon screws are a good idea, haha

Gonna padlock my batteries and amps in my trunk when I get a DD M4a and Ampere 125.4. Subs and head unit will have other safeguards..
you dont think a padlock cant be cut???

any lock can be cut.

i have 2 alarms,, not going into details but let just say ant nobody getting into my truck with out me knowing about it. plus it CANT BE STOLEN. you have to do 3 things before you can even start it.

and everything is bolted down.

its nice when you can install anything ....... and nobody could find the brains or any wire to it..

it took me 3 week to install it all...

well iv disconnected all my door handles inside and out i have my alarm wired with door poppers hit the button door opens everything is bolted as well and of course separate insurance policy for stereo wheels and the car itself

well iv disconnected all my door handles inside and out i have my alarm wired with door poppers hit the button door opens everything is bolted as well and of course separate insurance policy for stereo wheels and the car itself
do you have any back up??? if not you will be screwed when they stop working... but that kind of how im going to redo mine. as im shaving everything and ill be adding poppers .

If u got a yard A good size fence with a vicious guard dog close to your car will make alot of thiefs think twice before hoppin the fence lol. And of course a good alarm system. U wanna make it where the thief will have to take time to break in and hide amps so it takes him even longer to find em. Shet happens just gotta be careful where u park because i had a friend with a huge system and they ended up taking the whole car while he was at work instead of dismounting amps and subs. I got my sounds ripped off once and what they did was flex my window of my Ae86 Corolla and cut all the wires and yanked the fack out of my deck till it came out. They left the batteries though lol

If u got a yard A good size fence with a vicious guard dog close to your car will make alot of thiefs think twice before hoppin the fence lol. And of course a good alarm system. U wanna make it where the thief will have to take time to break in and hide amps so it takes him even longer to find em. Shet happens just gotta be careful where u park because i had a friend with a huge system and they ended up taking the whole car while he was at work instead of dismounting amps and subs.
ya good idea. if i had a yard thats what i would do. i would get 2 bull masty's. lol lol...

but i dont have that, i wish. so i did everything i could think of.

also want to add,,, never put a sticker that tells what kind of alarm you have... i do have a small sticker on each door but it just says " alarm "

iv got a manual hood release from the outside in case the battery's ever die doubtful but possible.. also one door unlocks with the key and you can use the outside handle but none of the locks are controlled with the switches or from the inside anymore so if they break a window they will have to pry them open...

i do drive a truck for a living so it does spend more time locked up in a storage unit then on the road.. i just worry about walmart and the mall or where ever else i might go when im home

you dont think a padlock cant be cut???
any lock can be cut.

i have 2 alarms,, not going into details but let just say ant nobody getting into my truck with out me knowing about it. plus it CANT BE STOLEN. you have to do 3 things before you can even start it.

and everything is bolted down.

its nice when you can install anything ....... and nobody could find the brains or any wire to it..

it took me 3 week to install it all...
I never said that, and don't know why you would make that assumption.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.