horrible distortion

Participant count
  • Participant list

ajm
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
N/A
Last weekend I moved my amp & components from the truck to the car. Mtx ta740amp and 6.5" kicker ss components. When in the truck the components got loud enough to keep up with 3 l7's and there was no distortion. Now that they are in the car it is a different story. The only things changed from the truck to the car is im now using a factory hu, mtx hi-line rcas, and the mounting location. The hi's sound fine but the midbass has some horrible distortion at higher volumes even with the high pass set at 350hz. I also have a pair of 3.5 eclipses in the dash running off the hu and they barley distort and thats at maxed out voulme.

Would anyone have an idea as to why the components are distorting so bad? Perhaps the mtx hi-line rcas or the factory hu?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.