horns

1 more question beforei goto work.can horns only fit in certain cars? or can u make them fit in any car:up2somet:

1 more question beforei goto work.can horns only fit in certain cars? or can u make them fit in any car:up2somet:
With enough modification they can fit in anything //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

But yeah....I would definitely measure first and check everything out under your dahs before you buy them. Some cars are extremely easy to fit them in....others are a total ***** and would require some intense work.

Also realize that with ID you can get two different horn bodies; Full size and minihorns. Minihorns are short and easier to fit in some vehicles...trade off being they can't play as low as the full size horns.

With enough modification they can fit in anything //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
But yeah....I would definitely measure first and check everything out under your dahs before you buy them. Some cars are extremely easy to fit them in....others are a total ***** and would require some intense work.

Also realize that with ID you can get two different horn bodies; Full size and minihorns. Minihorns are short and easier to fit in some vehicles...trade off being they can't play as low as the full size horns.
yeah that was my guess, what do think about making minihorns fit in a camaro?

Should work....even full bodies.
There is a guy on Team ID that has horns in a camaro, and Audiolife had horns in his Firebird.
if they fit in a firebird they can fit in a camaro, thanks man.

Not to hijack the thread or anything, but those of you with horns what eqs do you use? Do you use a unit that is a x-over and a eq all in one? I should be getting the ID cd1pros in a few weeks and I am looking for a suitable eq.

Not to hijack the thread or anything, but those of you with horns what eqs do you use? Do you use a unit that is a x-over and a eq all in one? I should be getting the ID cd1pros in a few weeks and I am looking for a suitable eq.
i had the same question,

bare minimum would be an audio control eqx if you wanna do it justice get a dqx also audio control. there are others to but these work with all decks with rca outs. there are others that work with toslink outs but yoour deck would need a fiberoptic output and for the price diff if you dont have that i would just buy the ac

i use a pair of 31 band mono rackmount equalizers, crossfire CFQ31M is the model number.

and for the crossover, i have a 2way stereo 24db\octave rackmount crossover.

i really wish i had an audiocontrol DQXS though //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

anybody have details on the image dynamics compression driver mounting? i am assuming its is a 2 screw bolt on, but what diameter throat opening is it? 1"? 1 3/8"? also assuming b/c of the 2 screw holes on the horn that it is not a threaded openning.

also, when shopping for compression drivers on PE, what should one look for as far as freq resp, etc. alot of the drivers are listed with xover points, but they are 12db/oct, and obviously we would be doing 24 db/oct. assuming i wanted to xover at 600-800hz, what would i look at when chosing a compression driver?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.