hope i dont get blasted for asking this question on pioneer's spl sub

"sad to hear you wanna get rid of L7's and step down to pioneer."

Oh, I for one would beg to differ. There is a reason I am selling my atomics and running pioneer. I have had nothing but praise for them. I used to run them and am going to be doing so again this season. Trust me, they are no step down. They would have to be on equal playing fields. Actually, I would take the TS-W3004SPL over the L7 any day of the week. And I know of others who would do the same.

I used to look up to some of the people on this forum, but lately, their ignorance and naiveness is really showing through. I know...everyone is entitled to their own opinions...blah blah blah, but come on now. Let's make these opinions educated.

Shawn

"sad to hear you wanna get rid of L7's and step down to pioneer."
Oh, I for one would beg to differ. There is a reason I am selling my atomics and running pioneer. I have had nothing but praise for them. I used to run them and am going to be doing so again this season. Trust me, they are no step down. They would have to be on equal playing fields. Actually, I would take the TS-W3004SPL over the L7 any day of the week. And I know of others who would do the same.

I used to look up to some of the people on this forum, but lately, their ignorance and naiveness is really showing through. I know...everyone is entitled to their own opinions...blah blah blah, but come on now. Let's make these opinions educated.

Shawn
so for someone like me running 2 x 03C124 (I know but they were cheap) going to 2 x W1500SPL would be a hell of an improvement? Or are they like upgrading to the 1100 watt Visoniks? Just ordered my Premier HU should be coming this week hopefully //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Shawn

That's the problem with the internet. People make ASSUMPTIONS based on another person's opinion, install, or previous experience with certain equipment not exactly pertaining to the one related in the question. YOu see people bash stuff all day or praise stuff without having any personal experience and it just trickles down. Hell, people bash Pyle all the time, but I bet they don't know that a championship SQ car in one of the sanctioning bodies ran Pyle drivers in 2003. GO tell that guy that, "PYLE *****," and I'm sure he'll gladly show you some trophies to prove otherwise.

My personaly opinion, if you truly put a lot of effort into your install and do some research and gain some experience and knowledge, you have an edge that will help you to attain your goals with pretty much any piece of equipment.

That's the problem with the internet. People make ASSUMPTIONS based on another person's opinion, install, or previous experience with certain equipment not exactly pertaining to the one related in the question. YOu see people bash stuff all day or praise stuff without having any personal experience and it just trickles down. Hell, people bash Pyle all the time, but I bet they don't know that a championship SQ car in one of the sanctioning bodies ran Pyle drivers in 2003. GO tell that guy that, "PYLE *****," and I'm sure he'll gladly show you some trophies to prove otherwise.
A Pyramid sub was used in a 2003 USACi world championship winning car //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

See and i only give my input on subs i have used such as rockford,kicker,phoenix gold, jl and etc. but it is true that if you install everything correctly and set everything the way its supposed to be that you will get some amazing results. Many people on here listen to the low end that some name brands have and never heard or give the upper end of their products a chance. But im definitely thinking about getting 2 or 3 12 pioneers. i like my l7's but at the same time i like to be versatile with the setups i use. i like to amaze people who think that some of these name brands are trash. the expression on their faces is priceless lol.

A Pyramid sub was used in a 2003 USACi world championship winning car //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Sorry, I knew it was one of the Ps. THought it was Pyle though. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

rofl pyramid. never in my life would i ever he let my hands touch anything pyramid, visonik or any of the other garbage that sells 2000 watt subs for like 100 dollars or so it ludicrous or amps.

i agree.....people don't realize that with the proper install and research you can greatly improve the way your setup sounds.....this kid at my school has 2 12" he2's off a rf 5002 amp and his is close to mine in terms of spl.....he has his subs down in the dip of his transam, and i have mine on the "plateau" (til my box gets built), but thats just an example of how you can improve your setup by just experimenting and researching......

My personaly opinion, if you truly put a lot of effort into your install and do some research and gain some experience and knowledge, you have an edge that will help you to attain your goals with pretty much any piece of equipment.
X100000000

When ever i reguritate forum fads/trends i always say that " a lot of people reccomend these subs",etc..........

I dont claim to have personal experience with subs unless i actually do.

Subs i have experienced:

my 8's //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

4x 12 inch rockfords in the back of a hummer.

a lightning audio 12

and two mega sound 12's

the last two are in my friends car but dont make fun off him.

I personally love the look on peoples face when I pull up into the lanes and they see pioneer subs through my window. It is funny...they laugh and point and talk amongst themselves. But I more often than not have the final laugh when I walk away with a bigger trophy then them. I love being the underdog.

99% of what people say on these forums is heresay, and in a court of law that doesn't fly. WoW...law school classes were good for something afterall! It is hard to know what to believe and what to take with a grain of salt, but there are also some on here that actually know what they are talking about and want to just help others.

I admitt, I don't know all, but I am just here to help and will do whatever it takes for others to make informed and logical decisions. I have made my fair share of mistakes and if other's can learn from them, so be it.

Subs i have experience with:

RE 8 (my brothers, I installed)

Pyramid 12 (mine, blew it up)

Dr. Crankenstein 12 (mine, **** thing won't die)

Jl 12w0 (installed for a friend)

Crunch 12's (had two, they die easily)

Alpine Type E's (installed for a friend)

Kicker L5's (friends, fair bit of play time)

Atomic APX's (mine, loud as hell, tough, know I can't kill them)

Pioneer TS-W255C (mine, blew them up, took a lot to do so, would recommend them to anyone)

TC Sounds 15's (friends, WOW!!!)

That is all for now...

Shawn

i had 2 12 inch Premier TS-W2000spls...that i recently just sold...i loved them subs so much i had to go and get the TS-W3004spls..had them on my friends Planet Audio 850.1 and they were just wanging in his blazer...imma get a hifonics bx1000d or 1500d...and just crush all the people who think they have to have "big" names in subs (kicker, jl, mtx, etc) cause the premiers arent no joke they perform unbelieveable for a pioneer sub...pioneer did thier homework on this series of subs...

i had 2 12 inch Premier TS-W2000spls...that i recently just sold...i loved them subs so much i had to go and get the TS-W3004spls..had them on my friends Planet Audio 850.1 and they were just wanging in his blazer...imma get a hifonics bx1000d or 1500d...and just crush all the people who think they have to have "big" names in subs (kicker, jl, mtx, etc) cause the premiers arent no joke they perform unbelieveable for a pioneer sub...pioneer did thier homework on this series of subs...
Hey man this thread is 2 months old, but what kind of box did you have your 2000SPL's in? I'm building one for mine soon and I want to make sure I get the right box

And while were listing subs we've had experience with... i have heard

2 Legacy 8's in a Bandpass Box //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

2 Pioneer TS-W2000SPL's sealed. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

2 10" Sony Xplods sealed //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif

4 12" Rockford Fosgate P2's sealed //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

2 Alpine Type R's ported //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

2 Dual subs in a bandpass. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsdown.gif.d22f25895e9b40f2300c953691dacfa2.gif

3 Audiobahn Natural Sound woofers. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

1 12" Kicker CVR ported //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/yumyum.gif.0556df42231b304b9c995aefd13928a8.gif

2 MTX 8000's sealed //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/clap.gif.178cba2c538c68e720c727fcb024b19c.gif

And countless systems booming past my house at 12 in the morning

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

beatz06

10+ year member
beatz06
maryland
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from