Hooking up car audio inside?

spade914
10+ year member

KY
I know its not exactly normal, but I have a pretty decent amp and sub sitting here just collecting dust (carless for the time being, long story). How hard would it be to hook it up to a home stereo? Youtube has plenty of videos showing amps running off PSU's, but I was wondering if anyone has had any experience doing something like this before.

What all would that entail?

I work for a computer repair company, it shouldn't be much of a problem.

Get the 12v DC line, make sure it puts enough power out for the amp, plug it in, wire the amp to it, and wallah. Not too complicated ^^

Get the sub in a box, wire it up to the amp, and connect some RCA's to the amp.

I've done it, you can buy a ac to dc 12v converter at radioshack. But you can also get the power supply out of a computer (the supply with the switch on it, i forget the model) and they work too. If you google it you can find wiring diagrams on the computer power supply and you just get the 12v pos and neg.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.