Hooking and Ipod to an Alpine CDA-7894

Participant count
  • Participant list

psyduck

Hello All. I'm new to this forumn. I have a qustion about hooking up an Ipod to my unit. I'm sick of my transmitter cutting out on me, so I figure I'd see if anybody has actually tried to hook theirs up via hard wire. I'm not too sure on what is in the back of this unit, it was installed in my car a few years ago. Is it possitble to hook up the red and white audio cables to the back of this unit and have the headphone jack plug into the Ipod? If so, what do I need to do this, do I need some sort of coverter? Also if that is possible, how do I set the head unit to allow me to play the Ipod through the speakers.

Thanks.

Jesus, $30 for a headphone jack to RCA adapter!? I think I bought one at Radioshack for $2.50 back when I had a tape deck and a portable cdplayer I needed to hook up to auxiliary inputs.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.