Hooked up sub and amp for first time..wired wrong? VIDEO

Bobby322
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
TX
I just got my new system in (in sig) and I just wanted to hook it up real quick for the hell of it and to see if it even works lol. I want to wire it down to 1 ohm, and I guess I did it wrong but I followed a diagram so i dunno. There isn't like any bass, im guessing from the missing dust cap? Still waiting on it from treo..been a week //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/mad.gif.c18f003ab0ef8a0d9c27ca78d77a6392.gif Anyways, heres the vid:

(its with my phone and kinda shitty, sorry)

lol wheres the large ported enclosure
What vc is it
getting built by vitveet at the moment lol. I do have a small crappy sealed pre fab box that I have laying around that I may use for the time being //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

its D2

Most of the bass is coming from my door speakers

I think you wired it to 4 ohm (series.) Parallel will drop it to 1 ohm. Pos of VC 1 to pos of VC 2 and connect to amp. Do that with the neg and bam 1 ohm. BTW it will play fine without the dustcap.

when me and my friend first hooked up my CVX sub box i had him just connect my speaker wire to the terminals on the box, i said "i have the white wire as positive and the green wire as negative" on the box, he wired the pos from the amp to the neg on the box and the neg from the amp to the pos on the box, while the subs were wired correctly on the inside

it was like this for 2 months until i saw it when i moved my box... and it played fine the whole time.

so dont think wiring it backwords did anything

when me and my friend first hooked up my CVX sub box i had him just connect my speaker wire to the terminals on the box, i said "i have the white wire as positive and the green wire as negative" on the box, he wired the pos from the amp to the neg on the box and the neg from the amp to the pos on the box, while the subs were wired correctly on the inside
it was like this for 2 months until i saw it when i moved my box... and it played fine the whole time.

so dont think wiring it backwords did anything
Wiring it backwards only changes the phase...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.