Honda CRV Upgrade

venturejordi

Hi im looking to upgrade the audio quality in my sisters Honda CRV.

I am good with electronics, wiring, soldering and stuff but just dont know what equipment to buy.

I can really tell the difference between good audio and crap. however shes not so much.

I was told not to spend more then $900 Canadian on the system.

The system should be very loud when doing highway speeds with the windows down. also would like to feel the bass. I would also like to keep the OEM head unit stuff. Just replace speakers and amps.

This is the stuff I was thinking.

Everything here without the upgraded sub amp is around $1050 Canadian so im right at the max budget. any suggestions or if theirs something that a bit more that's much better let me know.

I know someone will recommend replace only the front speakers then do the backs after but I want to do everything in one shipment because I will order all this to a place in the US and drive down to pick it up.

Stay away from the clean sweep. It will flatten the stock EQ but don't give you much in the way of tuning to build your own. I have no idea what they are good for.
Okay, What would you recommend then to removed the factory EQ?

Also will need something to convert the highlevel outputs from the OEM headunit to low level.

Thanks

only against it because its not a simple task and looks like it will be expensive. I would much prefer to replace it if it was simple however I was thinking the CleanSweep might be a better thing.

Buy used, get much better equipment. Hell I have a bunch of equipment if you're local to the Toronto area.
I am in Burlington about 50 min to an hour from Toronto. similar to going to the US. what do you have? or pm me and i will give you me email or cell

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.