Honda CRV Upgrade

Should be easy enough to take out. You'll need an adapter to retain steering wheel controls(skip track, stuff like that). Replacing a head unit is stupid easy.

It looks easy but I also think that its going to be more expensive. because a nice headunit that has Bluetooth, backup camera and everything that the OEM one has is going to be around $400. taking more out of the budget....

Is the clean sweep really a bad option? I think It would be more cost effective to try to keep the OEM headunit.

True. stereos in new cars are hard because everything is so integrated into itself. its beyond me. but yea. Stay away from the cleansweep. If your getting advice from a store. Try talking to different stores. They are always trying to upsell you things and can sometimes straight up lie to you.

I have a Cleansweep in a 2012 Honda CRV EX. It is NOT worth it in my opinion. Too many cabin effects in a CRV that you will want to tweak with EQ and time-alignment even after Cleansweep corrects. I am in process of removing the Cleansweep and changing headunit out for a DEH-80PRS.

Get a low cost line converter if you must keep the factory head unit, or just go straight to an amp with high level inputs.

Factory signal is mainly lacking low bass. Bass processor might help. Don't worry about the factory dynamic EQ - it is not that bad.

It looks easy but I also think that its going to be more expensive. because a nice headunit that has Bluetooth, backup camera and everything that the OEM one has is going to be around $400. taking more out of the budget....Is the clean sweep really a bad option? I think It would be more cost effective to try to keep the OEM headunit.
You dont need a new head unit, you dont need new speakers you might not even need an amp for the mids and highs. Look into getting a JBL MS-8 amp/sound processor/factory integration. When tuned and fired up properly, it'll sound better than any of the suggestions so far and you can keep all your OEM stuff. Only thing left would be the subs. Your stocks on the ms-8 amp should still sound louder than the stock head unit which is only pumping out around 5 watts to the speakers.

I have a Cleansweep in a 2012 Honda CRV EX. It is NOT worth it in my opinion. Too many cabin effects in a CRV that you will want to tweak with EQ and time-alignment even after Cleansweep corrects. I am in process of removing the Cleansweep and changing headunit out for a DEH-80PRS. Get a low cost line converter if you must keep the factory head unit, or just go straight to an amp with high level inputs.

Factory signal is mainly lacking low bass. Bass processor might help. Don't worry about the factory dynamic EQ - it is not that bad.
This is what i was planning to do in the first place. Before I was told the clean sweep was needed.

You dont need a new head unit, you dont need new speakers you might not even need an amp for the mids and highs. Look into getting a JBL MS-8 amp/sound processor/factory integration. When tuned and fired up properly, it'll sound better than any of the suggestions so far and you can keep all your OEM stuff. Only thing left would be the subs. Your stocks on the ms-8 amp should still sound louder than the stock head unit which is only pumping out around 5 watts to the speakers.

I still dont really understand what this unit does... seems like its the same thing as the clean sweep but more expensive???

I dont have a clue what to do now... I came here for answers... now i have more questions. :|

I would like to just replace it all new Head unit AMP and speakers but i think that's going to be out of the budget. even if I find used stuff.

This is what i was planning to do in the first place. Before I was told the clean sweep was needed.

I still dont really understand what this unit does... seems like its the same thing as the clean sweep but more expensive???

I dont have a clue what to do now... I came here for answers... now i have more questions. :|

I would like to just replace it all new Head unit AMP and speakers but i think that's going to be out of the budget. even if I find used stuff.

It's what I use. It will erase the factory EQ like the clean sweep. But it will auto tune it's EQ which is the Harmon curve and time align with 7.1 if you have the channels. It uses a headset mic to get it perfect. Then you have a EQ you can adjust afterwards if needed. You can set it to whatever seat you want. It has a small onboard amp. Only one HU is better but it's $1200

Okay so this is what Im currently thinking:

TOTAL around $600

then just need to find a sub for less then $300

How does all this sound?

---------- Post added at 10:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 PM ----------

could maybe fit a speaker amp in there also.
If you are not going to use a external amp just keep the stock speakers in. Or just change the tweeters because the stocks probably have a built in filter. Go on parts express and get a 4 ohm raw driver.

Okay so this is what Im currently thinking:

TOTAL around $600

then just need to find a sub for less then $300

How does all this sound?

---------- Post added at 10:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 PM ----------

could maybe fit a speaker amp in there also.
Here's the down low, If you buy aftermarkets without amping them and doing acoustical sound treatments to your doors, Its not worth it. A direct replacement will often times sound worse or have minimal improvement in sound quality. Especially with those type S speakers, they are not that far off from stock speakers.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.