Home audio

Radar
10+ year member

Old balls
Earth
Hey all, im tryn to install a leftover woofer i got sittin around into my audio system in my room. im powering the amp with a car battery and then keeping a charger on the battery. im not sure how to get tha amp to turn on though, how do i get a remote wite to the amp? its easy to do in cars, but with no HU i dont really know how. Im runnin the RCAs to the amp from the surrond sound reciever(reciever has a dedicated rca out for subs). Couldnt find the answer when i searched, but im sure its been asked before. Any ideas?

Originally posted by Radar Hey all, im tryn to install a leftover woofer i got sittin around into my audio system in my room. im powering the amp with a car battery and then keeping a charger on the battery. im not sure how to get tha amp to turn on though, how do i get a remote wite to the amp? its easy to do in cars, but with no HU i dont really know how. Im runnin the RCAs to the amp from the surrond sound reciever(reciever has a dedicated rca out for subs). Couldnt find the answer when i searched, but im sure its been asked before. Any ideas?
you my friend, you should throw your subwoofer off a cliff without letting go.

ok, im guessing what i was told on how to do this is flawed, would you care to explain the error in my thinking, and help me learn instead of giving no useful information and just running up your post count??

For the turn on (remote) lead just run a small wire from the batt. pos.+ to the turn on terminal of your amp. Thats all the remote lead is, a 12V signal.

What you could do is get a wireless switch, like you use with lamps, and plug in the control box to an outlet and plug the reveiver into the remote side of the amp through 12V DC adaptor, make sure you fuse it That way you can turn your amp on by remote control. It should work.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.