Hmmm, something isn't quite right here...

Participant count
  • Participant list

kpmaher

Hello all, new to the forums here.

I have what I think is a somewhat complicated problem.

I have a 2001 Celica, 2 12" Kicker Comp Vr's, a California 600M amp, and a Pioneer DEH-3100UB. The subs and the amp are both about 5 or 6 years old. Head unit is about a year old.

Recently, the head unit has been very iffy. If i touch any of the knobs on it or touch the faceplate, it cuts out/turns off, then a few seconds later it's back on. So thank god this thing came with a remote, cause that's the only way I can switch inputs and adjust volume.

Also, my subs are very iffy as well. During the winter, they didn't work at all for some reason. We had 1 warm day about 3 weeks ago, and they magically worked again, until today. Even though today its in the 70's(I had this theory in my head that they would only work in warm weather, but that was shot down today! lol). On my way home from work today, they worked for about 3-4 seconds and then they weren't hitting hard again. When they aren't working, they don't work at all, like its stock stereo sound, very frustrating.

I took the head unit out and checked connections in the back of it, and they appeared to be ok.

I think I've described all the issues going on. Any of you seasoned veterans have any clue as to what the hell might be going on? This is extremely frustrating!

Thanks in advance for the help!

Make sure your not getting in crazy voltage drops from a bad gound somewhere or something, also check your rca's...plug into the input on the amp with an mp3 player or something. Sounds kinda like one of those things you will just have to play with diffrent things and try and isolate a problem source

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.