High power amps for dinky alternators?

Forty-Ouncer
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Hey guys I need an amp at least 1000wrms + @ 2ohm to power my MB Quart 12" sub. Ive checked the sticky for 1000+watt amps and its great, except for the fact that I don't know if I will be able to run any of them.

My alternator is 70amps I think... its a 1996 Toyota Paseo (sporty version of a tercel). I did however buy a optima red top battery back when I had cash to spare. I dont wanna waste an investment into an alternator.

Is their an amp out there that will run in my car? How will I be able to find out?

If it helps any.... right now Im running 2 amps with no dimming ever. MRD-M500(60amp fuse) and MRV-T420(40amp fuse).

I think you should be fine. Look what I am currently running on a stock alt, 1700w on the sub amp. Upgrade the wires under the hood. And if you need an amp, I have a fosgate 1001bd for 190 shipped that puts out 1100w at 2 ohms.

Hey guys, It will not let me post my owh thread, only replies so I hate posting this question on this thread, but since his question has basically been answered, I will. Thanks for understanding.

I have been looking at other posts and have come up with three choices to power my 12 inch RE XXX Sub at 1 ohm. It has an RMS rating of 1600 Watts.

The choices are...

Orion 1200.1D - 1200W @ 1 ohm

Hifonics Brutus 1500D - 1500W @ 1 ohm

Viper 1200.1D - 1200W @ 1 ohm

The amp I am currently running is an Audiobahn 2150HCT - 1200W @ 1 ohm

Let me know which of these amps you like the best, or which would make my sub pound better. Also, let me know if there is one I should stay away from. Any suggestions on other amps would also be appreciated. Thanks a lot for your help.

I'd go with a Memphis 1500, just get your XXX in dual 4 ohm coils, they are a beast of an amp //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif, stay away from HiFonics, i tried the little 500 and basically it ****** ass....

Hey buddy id like to take this time to thank you for steeling my thread. I think I hate you now.

Why couldnt you just wait a bit till the forum started working for you?

once again...

I hate you

Everyone said your fine, its not like you needed to say anything more about it. Hasnt worked in a week and i would like to get my new system here soon. Sorry for stealin it but it looked as if nothing more needed to be said.

Try Some Zapco Amps The Reference Series Amps Are Very Easy On A Wimpy Alt. And Put Some Fine Power Out.

I Also Have An Eclipse 5422 Amp For Sale Great For Sound Quality New Amp 200.00

Also Have A Set Of Focal Polyglass 3way Components For . New Never Used, 200.00

And I Also Have A Set Of Mb Quart 5.25 Premium Components . New Never Used,200.00

Try Some Zapco Amps The Reference Series Amps Are Very Easy On A Wimpy Alt. And Put Some Fine Power Out.I Also Have An Eclipse 5422 Amp For Sale Great For Sound Quality New Amp 200.00

Also Have A Set Of Focal Polyglass 3way Components For . New Never Used, 200.00

And I Also Have A Set Of Mb Quart 5.25 Premium Components . New Never Used,200.00
The classifieds is there for a reason......

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.