High Output Enclosures Picture Log

We use glue, and clamps, nails sometimes. Clamping is really where it's at, but most 45's do just fine if you clamp them, shoot a few nails and they are in place. 

---------- Post added at 05:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:35 PM ----------

We use a 15 gauge nail gun.

Buck,

Dave just left my house with a bunch of batteries. He took some pics of the Cadillac. IM pretty excited aobut you guys doing this install for me. I hope you build it like it was going to be in your car. He told me that you and him discussed it already , and want to do it just to kind of show your skills and quality. Im down to bring it up there within the next month or so. Just gotta buy 1 more sub, and I will have all of them ready.

Id be down to see some some sketchups of any previous clamshells you've done.

Nick

Buck,
Dave just left my house with a bunch of batteries. He took some pics of the Cadillac. IM pretty excited aobut you guys doing this install for me. I hope you build it like it was going to be in your car. He told me that you and him discussed it already , and want to do it just to kind of show your skills and quality. Im down to bring it up there within the next month or so. Just gotta buy 1 more sub, and I will have all of them ready.

Id be down to see some some sketchups of any previous clamshells you've done.

Nick
Ya we've been talking about it for sure. I really want to look at those specs to see exactly what we are working with.

Ya we've been talking about it for sure. I really want to look at those specs to see exactly what we are working with.
Cool. Once Dave looked at the space we have behind the bpillar, he seemed pretty confident on the clamshell. With the wall I have in there, theres a shittload of space left over. My wall I currently have starts at the rear deck and extends into the trunk. It is 14 cubes. the space we measured from the bpillar to the rear deck is roughly another 16-18 cubes. So all in all, from the bpillar to center trunk, theres about 28-30 cubes (depending if you wanna make a few precise cuts to gain those crucial cubes. plans as of right now are:

6- zv3 15s

3 Ampere audio 3800.1s

Now, ive been known to throw a helluva curve ball, so don't get too surprised if I show up with 9 subs instead of 6. Now with that being said, I know with 9 of them ,it may be more of a challenge to make the clamshell ported and it may not can be done. if sealed clamshell is what becomes of it then so be it.

If some of the sealed clamshell vehicles ive sat in are any indication of what a properly designed sealed box can do, (see johnathon price sealed enclosure) , then that will be suffecient

Cool. Once Dave looked at the space we have behind the bpillar, he seemed pretty confident on the clamshell. With the wall I have in there, theres a shittload of space left over. My wall I currently have starts at the rear deck and extends into the trunk. It is 14 cubes. the space we measured from the bpillar to the rear deck is roughly another 16-18 cubes. So all in all, from the bpillar to center trunk, theres about 28-30 cubes (depending if you wanna make a few precise cuts to gain those crucial cubes. plans as of right now are:
6- zv3 15s

3 Ampere audio 3800.1s

Now, ive been known to throw a helluva curve ball, so don't get too surprised if I show up with 9 subs instead of 6. Now with that being said, I know with 9 of them ,it may be more of a challenge to make the clamshell ported and it may not can be done. if sealed clamshell is what becomes of it then so be it.

If some of the sealed clamshell vehicles ive sat in are any indication of what a properly designed sealed box can do, (see johnathon price sealed enclosure) , then that will be suffecient
Can't wait.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Buck

5,000+ posts
little alien on campus
Buck
Inside of a pyramid
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date