High Output Enclosures Design Pricing

Participant count
  • Participant list

Buck
5,000+ posts

little alien on campus
Sealed can range from $5+. Really depends on the size, shape, and amount of chambers.

Ported: $20-30, the more complicated, the more expensive.

All kerfs and flared ports are automatic $30

4th order bandpasses, 6th order bandpasses, t-line's start at $30 and usually stay there. Sometimes there is a $5-10 extra if you want a lot of extra work, like a bunch of plexiglass, terribly funky shapes, or a massive flared/kerfed port.

have you ever done a design that can be used as both sealed and ported? so I can take out one sub and cover the port and put a diff sub in the same box and use it as a sealed box, then it would be much easier to swap subs ect.

I understand that ported boxes are a lot bigger than sealed boxes, but how big is too big sealed?

have you ever done a design that can be used as both sealed and ported? so I can take out one sub and cover the port and put a diff sub in the same box and use it as a sealed box, then it would be much easier to swap subs ect.
I understand that ported boxes are a lot bigger than sealed boxes, but how big is too big sealed?
I haven't done this before, but you'd probably want to use an aero. More than likely any ported box is going to be too big for the woofer sealed, unless it's kicker.

Hey I need a ported box for a sundown x-15 on a 5k hifonics amp And The box can't be more then 27 wide and 15 tall And 32 deep I'm hoping to fit a 4.2 cubic foot
Buck hasnt been online for quite a while now. Since last year sometime. Hit up CSCStang. He should be able to hook you up

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Buck

5,000+ posts
little alien on campus
Buck
Inside of a pyramid
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date