Buck's new box design

Participant count
  • Participant list
what's the net volume on that box Buck? And what is the ideal port area per 18 for loud and low? working on a box like that for my next build that will be starting soon. my volume after displacements will be 23.91/ft3 and want to tune around 27-29hz. won't get very loud starting out cuz 2 of the 18" apx's have never seen power

what's the net volume on that box Buck? And what is the ideal port area per 18 for loud and low? working on a box like that for my next build that will be starting soon. my volume after displacements will be 23.91/ft3 and want to tune around 27-29hz. won't get very loud starting out cuz 2 of the 18" apx's have never seen power
Depends on your port's height.

Start off by multiplying your cubic feet by 14-16 to get your crossectional area aka port area. Then take that number divide it by your height and you see how wide the port should be.

If you dont have Winisd, just download it, its pretty simple to use.

If you dont want to do that then use this Subwoofer Enclosure Calculators, Parallel, Series, Port Length and Volume go to the slot port calculator and enter in your dimensions and area

Depends on your port's height.Start off by multiplying your cubic feet by 14-16 to get your crossectional area aka port area. Then take that number divide it by your height and you see how wide the port should be.

If you dont have Winisd, just download it, its pretty simple to use.

If you dont want to do that then use this Subwoofer Enclosure Calculators, Parallel, Series, Port Length and Volume go to the slot port calculator and enter in your dimensions and area
yeah..alot of math..think i'll be using the calculators..thanks for the help sir

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Buck

5,000+ posts
little alien on campus
Buck
Inside of a pyramid
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date