High output alternator for GM 5.7 350

Participant count
  • Participant list

FML
10+ year member

Extreme Lowwwwwws
Idaho
Looking for a HO alt for a 98 GMC SIERRA K1500. HEARD ALTS THAT FIT IN THE 89-98 AND MAYBE EARLY 2000'S may fit.

Id consider a lightly used one. But im having trouble finding one new for under or around $300.

Have seen some on eBay for as low as $150, but don't know if thats a good quality.

I know little on the application. First time upgrading it. Planning on running around 2500 watts RMS, without the vehicles power draw included, im thinking 250 amps?

Any input or advice would be appreciated too.

You might find a used one. But not a good new one in that price range
Yeah thats kind of what ive been gathering.

Can you give me some tips on what I should look for (features) in a quality unit and things I should avoid?

Seems as if the only ones considered "good" are the ones made by companies that make em specific for car audio. I have a Husky auto electric shop where I live thats got a 253 amp alt that would be direct fit for $300.

But again, unsure what to be looking for exactly.

Yeah thats kind of what ive been gathering.
Can you give me some tips on what I should look for (features) in a quality unit and things I should avoid?

Seems as if the only ones considered "good" are the ones made by companies that make em specific for car audio. I have a Husky auto electric shop where I live thats got a 253 amp alt that would be direct fit for $300.

But again, unsure what to be looking for exactly.
What I've seennover the years is that most local shops will only do 200 amp alts. And some will call them 250 max amped alts. The guys that make the good alts for stereos seem to get better parts and aren't sfraid to make the bigger amperage alts

Thanks for the heads up guys.

I was able to secure an alternator thru serjr711.

Mods, do your thing.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.