High Output Alt help

Participant count
  • Participants list

CodyDaGoat

OR
Hello everybody,

Currently looking to upgrade myh system. Currently running two Sundown SA15s at 1500W on a CAB1600.1

Myh Orion HCAA152 2ohm 2,500 watt subs came today, and need help with my battery and alt setup.

I'm taking it one step at a time, I got the box being built, and will be buying my amp and alt shortly.

So currently my car came with a Optime Red25 battery at 720CCA when I bought it.

I will be running the Orion HCCA5000.1. Subs will be wired to 1 ohm bridged to the one channel for the full 5000w rms output.

So my main question is, I was looking through mechman, singer, and US alts, and the highest they would have for my car are the 270 Amp alts. (I have a 2010 forester)

Will a hairpin alt 270A and Two of these Optima batteries at 720CCA be good for this build? Obviously the big 3 will be done and I'll be running 0 gauge wire for everything.

Any recommendations as well for the build or anything would also be appreciated it.

Thank you in advance.

And if someone could lead me in the direction of the highher quality big 3 kits and amp wiring kits in general that would also save me some time

Dont use Optima batteries, their quality has gone way down over the years. You'll want 3-4 group 31s with that 270a alt to power the 5k plus a mid/highs amp. If your budget allows for it, lithiums will save a lot of weight and space compared to agms. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Dont use Optima batteries, their quality has gone way down over the years. You'll want 3-4 group 31s with that 270a alt to power the 5k plus a mid/highs amp. If your budget allows for it, lithiums will save a lot of weight and space compared to agms. 
Any suggestions on the mid/highs amp?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.