Status
Not open for further replies.

Team TH (Donny)
10+ year member

Team Truth Hertz
Item(s) for Sale:

180 Amp Alternator

Item(s) Description/Condition:

Built by a local battery/alternator company using quality and efficient parts that was built for my 98 Pontiac Firebird. I had recently sold my Firebird and need the extra money now. This is a great alternator, used in car for 3 months. Was built 5 months ago (been sitting in garage for 2 months). This will fit any Pontiac Firebird/Chevrolet Camaro between years of 1998-2002 from my understanding, and could potentially be used on other models of GM vehicles without mods/brackets. If you were to make custom brackets you can make it fit any vehicle...

Functionality 10/10

Cosmetics 9/10

overall 9.5/10

Price:

$150 Shipped OBO.

Shipping and Miscellaneous Item Information:

Item will be shipped out within 2 days of received payment.

Item Pictures:

(List pictures in this section, 1st picture should be your username/date if you have less than 10 positive feedbacks with the i-Trader system or less than 10 references that you have sold to in the past. (These must be listed in your signature, or a link provided to a feedback thread listing these references)).

if I knew I could make this fit in my datsun I would get it.

How hard is it to fabricate a bracket and getting the belt right?

And I'll need to figure out if there's space, my alt is located on the bottom making it a pita

Its really not too hard to fabricate a bracket just need to either find someone you know who is a good welder or perhaps a local shop which offers custom metal fabrication work. You could also just add the alternator without messing with your stock just to use for your audio setup. In that case you would have to find a good place where the alternator could be then fab it in that position. You could weld a pulley onto the front off a existing pulley then just would have to through on a belt between the new alternator and new pulley.. Might not sound that easy but if you could find a good welder/fabricator around your area talk with them and won't be a big deal to get done what you need done (that is what they do..).

im gonna take a gander and see how much of a difference im looking at.. I think mine has the 180 degree bolt holes but I got a ridiculous amount of empty space under the hood so I'm gonna make some inquiries..

Alright sounds good, perhaps it would fit fairly close with your existing alternators bolt pattern and as long as the alternator will be secure and belt is tight and lined up you won't have any problems. Let me know what you come up with and decide on doing.

..Found some more vehicles in which this alternator would fit:

1998 Chevrolet Lumina LTZ Sedan 4-Door

1998 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Z34 Coupe 2-Door

1997 Pontiac Grand Prix GT Coupe 2-Door

1997 Pontiac Grand Prix GT Sedan 4-Door

1997 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP Coupe 2-Door

1997 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP Sedan 4-Door

1997 Pontiac Grand Prix SE Coupe 2-Door

1997 Pontiac Grand Prix SE Sedan 4-Door

1996 Buick Regal Base Coupe 2-Door

1996 Buick Regal Base Sedan 4-Door

1996 Buick Regal Custom Coupe 2-Door

1996 Buick Regal Custom Sedan 4-Door

1996 Buick Regal Gran Sport Coupe 2-Door

1996 Buick Regal Gran Sport Sedan 4-Door

1996 Buick Regal Limited Sedan 4-Door

1996 Buick Regal Olympic Gold Edition Sedan 4-Door

All of the listed vehicles have the 3.8L 3800cc 231Cu. In. V6 gas OHV naturally aspirated engine. Perhaps there are more vehicles out there which the alternator would fit, and if/when I find out what they are I will post them.

So since I have a external regulator I just cut that out and this just pretty much gets mounted, and run some 0g to the battery, and what about any other wires that are plugged into the alt? My replacement alt looks like this Ultima 14209 - Alternator | O'Reilly Auto Parts
Well if you talking about just adding this alternator (not replacing) you don't have to mess with any OEM wiring.. All you would want to do is mount it, run 0 gauge of the + of the alternator to the + of an extra battery for your audio setup (or if you only have just one battery you will connect the 0 gauge to that). Its actually really simple. Are you thinking about adding or replacing?

If I can procure the cash for it I think I'm gonna snag it. Sure Hope I can get it to fit lol
As long as the alternator is secure and belt is tight you will be fine.. Alternators are actually quite simple only wiring that would need done is the + from alternator to battery.

I'll most likely be replacing it if possible. I have no idea where this would go if I was just adding it lol. Seems like more work that way, but idk lol.

Do you have any refs?

Edit: And also, know what the output at idle is?

Ok that works too and probably would be a little less work doing that..

Not really yet, I just recently sent out a CD Player that vitveet bought if that counts as a ref but I don't know if he has received it yet.. I'm fairly new here. Pay-Pal is what I typically use for the security of both of us. I ship out within 48 hours when payment received (Most likely next day or ASAP). I personally know Rio and traks if you want to consider them for ref.

My firebird idled at 1100 RPM and alternator was producing around 140 amps at that. Alternator produced maximum around 1800 RPM at a little over 180 amps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...