hifonics thor xi amp in prot mode?

Participant count
  • Participant list
Is it in Mono load? If so, and you have been running it for a while, and you could have been clipping, and one of your subs have gone bad finally throwing the amp into protect mode.Check your subs is what I would do.:crap:Check the coils when you pull the subs out, you will be able to smell the bad one soon as you pull the sub.IMO.Then check the subs with a DMM, there is a thread on this forum how to do so.Just my opinion of what it could possibly be rt off the bat.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif

If the amp is under warranty, you may be able to send it in under warranty as well.You can get it tested at the local car audio shop in your area, to back your warranty concerns with a test sheet.Some do it for as little as $2o, some will do it for free.Just another option for you.

its not mono i got it gave to me i took it apart nothing looks burnt..

---------- Post added at 08:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 PM ----------

i meant i tried it in both modes

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.