hifonics nemesis or soundstorm ssl ev2.1000

I guess I'd go with the Hifi. What subs are you running? Cause neither of these puts out a whole lot. The SSL stuff is complete garbage though. It's got one 20 amp fuse. That should definitely tell you something. The Hifonics will at least do what it's rated at (it is measured at 14.4 volts however).

you'll need a lot more RMS power then that to damage your subs buddy. Plus if you set your gains right with a digital multi-meter, you wont damage your subs no matter how much your overpowering them. If anything, these cheap amps might not even give enough power to get the full effect out of the subs and you might end up turning up the gain or volume too much and end up clipping the amps.

seriously man just let your budget grow and get a decent 1k rms monoblock amp, take it from guys who've been through it and wasted their money going up in quality in small notches, you'll be wasting a lot more money then your saving.

POWER ACOUSTIK FTMFW //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/suave.gif.858fc102f7646e678ee8af7e1fbc41d1.gif.........

na i would def go with the HFI over ssl

agh this **** is so overwhelming haha.

First of all. I have two ts-250 pioneer 10" subs. 500 max and 120 rms 4ohms.

i would like to keep the watts at around 120-150. or anything that is safe. what amp should i be looking for. i want something that isnt junk, but i definitly dont need something crazy.

so i have been given the offer of a nemesis nx600 2 channel for $60or a soundstorm ssl ev2.1000 for $50

the soundstorm will be too much for my subs but i can turn it down. and ill have room for upgrading. however if the quality of the hifonics is better ill go with that.
Thats why i suggested you getting a decent amp and for 150, you'd get a decent amp that'll accompany any upgrades your planning. you can run a 1k rms hifonics brx amp to those pioneers no problem if you set the gains right

OK - you have a PAIR of 4 ohm subs, correct?

With a mono amp, such as the kx600.1 (which is a solid amp btw), you have two options as far as connecting the subs to the amp.

Either in series for 8 ohms: http://www.the12volt.com/12voltimages/2_4ohm_svc_8ohm.gif

Or parallel for 2 ohms: Subwoofer Wiring Diagrams, Two 4 ohm Single Voice Coil (SVC) Speakers

At 8 ohms that amp will only produce 150w or so -- about 75w per sub.

At 2 ohms it is capable of 600w, or 300w rms per sub.

Personally I'd wire them for 2, but leave the gain very low, and the bass boost off. With a little care when grabbing a hold of the volume knob I think they'd run fine.

You CAN wire them for 8 just to be safe, but 150w to a pair of 10's just wouldn't seem right to me.

Actually - the nemesis would have been almost perfect. It's rated for 150x2 at 4 ohms stereo.

yeah im looking for 150 to each sub. **** really thought that would have been good for me. what are my options?

should i buy the amp, sell my subs for cheap then save for a good set of subs?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.