Hifonics Monoblock amp.

CEA Certified doesn't mean a whole lot. All it means is the amp does what it says it will do at 4 ohm. Anything beyond that has nothing to do with it. What ohm is the 9500 you're running? Dual 4, Single 4? That amp is rated for 750 @ 2 ohm which is fine if the sub is a dual 4. If it's a single 4 you're only going to be pulling only around 475 watts from it. Which then you'll be wanting to look at an amp that does around 750 @ 4 ohm. Cheapest option at that point then is a bigger 2 channel and running it bridged.

CEA Certified doesn't mean a whole lot. All it means is the amp does what it says it will do at 4 ohm. Anything beyond that has nothing to do with it. What ohm is the 9500 you're running? Dual 4, Single 4? That amp is rated for 750 @ 2 ohm which is fine if the sub is a dual 4. If it's a single 4 you're only going to be pulling only around 475 watts from it. Which then you'll be wanting to look at an amp that does around 750 @ 4 ohm. Cheapest option at that point then is a bigger 2 channel and running it bridged.
I agree

The Sub is 4 ohms DVC wired at 2ohms. Its 750 RMS 1500W max

The Sub is 4 ohms DVC wired at 2ohms. Its 750 RMS 1500W max
That Hifonics should work pretty well then. I've always tried to get an amp that's a little bigger than the rating on the sub. And that 750 on that 9500 is a good suggestion. Lol! With decent electrical it'll take a lot more than that... One of the more "underrated" subs out there.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.