Hifonics Colossus Question

bigred78797
10+ year member

Audiobahn Junkie
Ok quick question... As you all know im wanting to get a colossus For my subs... If i can save up enough money after the amps to get CSX's ill get them. But anyway here is my question... Im pretty sure they are but are the Colossus 1 ohm stable? if so about how much do they put out at that load semi cleanly?

The colossus, is 2 ohm stable, I personally wouldn't run it at 1 ohm daily although with box rise it may end up being fine. And if your running it to 2 subs you can run it stereo and do each channel at 1 ohm, or .7 fine. But, if I were you I would wait and get the CSX's first if your talking about those 15s for 250, and get the colossus later, it has been discontinued infact for the colossus II, I say wait for the amp and get the CSX and get a colossus II when they are more commercially available which should be very soon, or even get an autotek MM4000.1.

Ok quick question... As you all know im wanting to get a colossus For my subs... If i can save up enough money after the amps to get CSX's ill get them. But anyway here is my question... Im pretty sure they are but are the Colossus 1 ohm stable? if so about how much do they put out at that load semi cleanly?
if your wanting anything through maxxsonocs.. let me know.. i may be able to get you some better prices....

Are you thinking of running the Colossus 1 ohm bridged? Can't say for the older model, but I've got the newer model (silver/black ribs) I'm pushing a single 12" with it, for daily use, amp actually got hotter when it ran at 2 ohms than it does at 1 ohm. Also, it doesn't clip anywhere near as much as it did at 2 ohms. Just my 2 cents! :]

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.