Hifonics BXI1210D and 2 12" pioneer ts-308D4

Participant count
  • Participant list

thizzkid
10+ year member

hi guys im back with a new set up

I purchased a new hifonics BXI1210D from vminovations to connect to my set of pioneer ts308D4 at 1 ohm in a dual ported box, should i be alright? any tips in makin my install better?

Any good ideas on setting the gain or any other settings?

current set up on my Ford 1995 Explorer 4 dr

-kenwood mpc205 HU set to 120hz on LPF setting

-2 12" 308D4 pioneer 400rms each, final impedance is 1 ohm

-Ported box at 1.65-1.70 cu (rough estimate)

-4 gauge wiring from ebay

-1000 cold cranking amp everstart battery from walmart

-partial big 3, 4 gauge from + battery to + on alternator

-80 amp fuse 12 inches from battery

-level 1/2 up, LPF 1/2 up, SUBsonic filter 1/4 up

-stock alternator

any feed back is apreciated, thanks eveyone

bxi1210d.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
i don't see aftermarket speakers or a speaker amp listed. without amplified speakers, there's no beautiful music, just bass.

the most important parts of the big 3 are the grounds from the battery to chassis and chassis to engine block. your grounds are the life of the system - the most important connections you'll make.

as far as the settings, the gain should be set according to the output voltage of your head unit. the LPF should be set to match any HPF on your speakers. The Subsonic filter should be set just below the tuning frequency of your ported box.

well for my speakers i have 4 6x8 pioneer speakers 3ways, no amp for my highs, but truck has a factory amp that connects from the deck to the speakers, well i need to get some more 2-4 gauge wiring then for my ground, atm i dont have any

*UPDATE*

today i connected everything up, current my amp settings are

level = between 11 and 12 o'clock position

subsonic filter = 10 o'clock position

LPF = 12 o'clock position

bassboost = default position

every other setting that i didnt mention is at default

I had to turn the gain/level up to the 12 o'clock position which is half way up, so that i can actually feel the bass, is that right? my HU volume maxes at 35, so i turn it up to 28-29 should that be alright? i dont want to over stress my amp

well heres what i know,

distortion=clipping

clipping is when you turn up the HU up to the point where your door speakers start making funny static/crackling noise, in a sense its distortion right?

well when i turn up my HU to 28, my door speakers, distort a little, but the subs dont distort at all, just bass from what im familiar of

neither sub looks like its getting over powered, they jump but not more than half and inch, also i hear no funny static/distortion/clipping what so ever

my subs are almost brand new, maybe like 4 hours of play time with them, can it be because maybe they are not worn in yet?

anyone care to show me a better example of clipping?

also i read other forums and found out that my HU is 2 volts at the sub pre-out, is that why i have to turn up the gain to like 12" o clock, i think i should put it to 1 o'clock

my last question, sorry if im being such a noob, i have a bass knob that connects to my amp, i know its like a gain knob or maybe a bass boost knob, not to sure but whats the correct way to use it?

you have the basic understanding of distortion. if the sound changes for high volume relative to low volume - that's distortion. it exists in your head unit, your amplifiers, even your speakers.

this thread covers clipping as seen on an oscilloscope:

http://forum.sounddomain.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1076928

look in the manual to determine if the knob is a bass boost at a certain frequency, or just level control (i.e. attenuation). if it's a bass boost, be careful. if it's level control, use it however you want.

thats good to know, so just to make sure im on the safe side, should my gain level be good at 12' o clock to 1' o clock posititon? my amp doesnt seem to clip and warm up either

no one can tell you what to set your gain at over the internet. use your ears, listen to the sub, if you don't have distortion with a test tone, you won't with music. and be careful with any bass boost - too much is bad.

If the level dial on the amp is labeled accurately at all then you'd have 4-4.5v at 12 o'clock. It SEEMS like you'd be safe in the 1-2 o'clock range given the 2v HU pre-amps.

If you bring your LPF down a bit (10-11 instead of 12) you might clean up some top end sloppyness of the subs. Mine always seem to sound the best crossed over closer to 80.

In general I think you're in good shape. What's left to adjust would just be up to your personal preference.

thanks n2audio thats the kind of info i needed, my volt gage on my dash sometimes drops and my lights start to dim when im listening to heavy rap, once i finish the big 3 hopefully that goes away if not, im going to look into a 2-6 farad capacitor. I know alot of people say not to get a capacitor because it will drain your system even more, but i think my system is capable of recharging a cap, since my lights and gauge dont drop when im listening music around 20-24 any higher than that would make my headlights dim, and the max on the HU btw is 35.

^

|

|

|

|

should everything that i mentiond be takin into consideration?

thanks for all the feed back once again

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.