Hifonics Bxi 2006D .5ohm?

bigt
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
USA
Im looking at this amp and a review said that the kid ran it at .5 ohm. Im not sure if the kid knew what he was talking about but do you think it would be a good idea. I know for sure it is 1ohm stable I just dont want to run it at .5 if it will damage it. BTW what would it do if it couldent run that low, blow it or something? thanks bigt

i have a bx2005d and i too have heard the same thing and honestly, i think these amps could handle it...my amp running at 1 ohm (before imp rise) barely even gets warm to the touch...

Do not underestimate this amp. Although the Brutus name is new and not well known, this amp does not play around. It is a certified SUBWOOFER KILLER! So far on my killed in action list are (4) kicker comp vr 2 ohm 12s, 1 soundstream XS-12/2, (2) kicker solo-baric L7 15s [yes, i didn't stutter, they couldn't hang for a 45 second drag], 2 brutus 12 inch 2ohm [so far these speakers performed the BEST. The amp is not supposed to be able to run less than 1 ohm stable, but I ran it at .5 ohm putting out close to 3000 watts rms. This amp does not play around. With 5 being a perfect score, I'd give this amp an 8.
I really doubt he knows what he is doing ... Not only is he running 1/2 of the amp's stable running load, but he claims it will do 3kw. Hifonics are known for over rating their amps in the first place. Dropping the ohm load 50% isn't going to double the power. And I guarantee you that he killed the subs not from over powering them, but from clipping the signals with the gain up too far.

so should I run it at .5 or 1, cause that will determine which model of subs I will buy? And also, if he did run it at .5 and it did work, then doesnt that prove it is .5 ohm stable, I really dont want to throw $330 down the drain if it blows the amp.

if u can get the same sub in D4 and D2 why would there be any question what u should do.... get D4s and dont risk destroying a perfectly good amp.... i dont even know why u posted this question (that is unless that subs u get can take alot of power (more than 1000 each)) unless its a HIGH qual amp alot of clipping occurs under lowest rated ohmage... kinda risky to both the subs and the amp... u can have a L7 on a 200 watt amp and clipping from said amp can still blow the sub.... so be careful

Your amp will be fine at .5ohms

I've had the bxi1606 and played with the bxi2006. I played both of them at .5ohms without any problems. Chances are that your amp will be over 1ohm after impedence rise.

And that dude in the reveiw who is claiming 3000watts, he's a joke. As mentioned above, rumor has it that these amps are already overrated,so there's no way he's getting 3000rms @ .5. He doesn't even include how much impedence rise he is getting or voltage drops. He's being narrow-minded, thinking that the amp is seeing .5 all day long.... MY ASSS!!!

But those amps will do .5ohms. A matter of fact, I've hooked up a bxi2006 @ .33 on three L7s without any problems for daily driving. If your still uncomfortable, do a search on ROE, there are more than person running their bxi series at .5ohms

Im looking at this amp and a review said that the kid ran it at .5 ohm. Im not sure if the kid knew what he was talking about but do you think it would be a good idea. I know for sure it is 1ohm stable I just dont want to run it at .5 if it will damage it. BTW what would it do if it couldent run that low, blow it or something? thanks bigt
I know someone that said they burped their bx1500 @ .5 but I wouldnt try it with my 1605d

Your amp will be fine at .5ohms
I've had the bxi1606 and played with the bxi2006. I played both of them at .5ohms without any problems. Chances are that your amp will be over 1ohm after impedence rise.

And that dude in the reveiw who is claiming 3000watts, he's a joke. As mentioned above, rumor has it that these amps are already overrated,so there's no way he's getting 3000rms @ .5. He doesn't even include how much impedence rise he is getting or voltage drops. He's being narrow-minded, thinking that the amp is seeing .5 all day long.... MY ASSS!!!

But those amps will do .5ohms. A matter of fact, I've hooked up a bxi2006 @ .33 on three L7s without any problems for daily driving. If your still uncomfortable, do a search on ROE, there are more than person running their bxi series at .5ohms

.33 daily? I need to see the multimeter readout man that sounds like BS to me no offense.

so should I run it at .5 or 1, cause that will determine which model of subs I will buy? And also, if he did run it at .5 and it did work, then doesnt that prove it is .5 ohm stable, I really dont want to throw $330 down the drain if it blows the amp.
last guy that ran a collasus(sp?) at .5 went into permanent protect mode. I think that tells me dont play with loweer than 1ohm unless your prepared to eat the cost of the amp.

What is burped, also what other advantages/disadvantages would it give me besides more watts? Any?

I know someone that said they burped their bx1500 @ .5 but I wouldnt try it with my 1605d
cough me cough.

I played my hifonics bx1500d at .5 ohms for around 10 mins. was up to around 1.1 ohms with box rise, but it definately took it nicely.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.