Hifonics Brutus BXi1606 Amp suddenly turned off? HELP!!

Participant count
  • Participant list

fourstaroots
10+ year member

my setup is

2 MTX Thunder 8500 12"s

and

Hifonics BXi1606 Class D Amp

well today i was bumpin some UGK and all of a sudden i lost bass!, well i turned off the headunit and then turned it back on and it was bumping for a bit but then the bass just shut off.

So i just turned off the subwoofer output on my headunit, when i got home a couple hours later, i checked the fuses they were all fine, checked the grounds, checked the power cable and they were all fine.

The amp doesnt brighten up its lights like before but they lights are dimly lit now, it doesnt go into protect mode and i tried switching out the wires for the subs but that didnt work either. It sounds like i fried my amp after 3 years of having it.

If in the case that i did fry it and there's nothing i can do, can anyone recommend me an amp that would power 2 mtx thunder 8500 woofers thats under $300? Thanks!!!

Also, the speakers are wired into 1OHM, and the amp is 1OHM stable

Your budget amplifier lasted a whopping THREE years, be happy! My first Memphis Power Reference amp in 2007 didn't even last three months, neither did the second one replaced under warranty. The third one died when a drunk driver hit me //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

The Audio Que seems to be a forum boner amp that would fit in your price range. So would another Hifonics. If you want to shell out some more $$ for something with a longer than one year warranty, you could always go with a Sundown SAZ-1500D or Cadence iA7.

Seems like there was a thread about this last week............................ //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif.

Seems like there was a thread about this last week............................ //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif.
Hey I am trying to be positive otherwise Bigbangtheory will get sand in his mangina and say how I am starting to sound like a broken record;)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.