HiFonics Brutus BX1500D enough for two RE HC 15s?

Musto
10+ year member

Alpine+eD = kick ***
is that HiFonics Brutus BX1500D enough power for 2 RE HC 15s? im going to take out my back seat, not the whole thing, just the back part where if your sittin in the back seat your back would be resting on, take that off, build the box right there and make it go into the trunk. im not walling it alkl the way up, just to where it would be normally, and then build separate compartments on the top of the box to hold the 6.5's see where im goin with this?

how many cubic feet should i go with, doing this i should be able to get 13-15 cubic feet, and i wanna use every bit of it i can.... like i said on one other post, i dont care about being loud on a meeter, i just want LOW street bass, its probably going to be ported at 32hz.

is this a good idea? and would that 1500d hifonics brutus amp be enough power?

I think you can only get dual 2's with the HCs. If you can get a 1ohm load, they'd do fine daily driving.

I'd suggest 1 18" HC, or XXX 18" instead. You'll save money and space too //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Give either 8net, 90sq" tuned 30-34hz for daily driving.

Might want to consider a pair of 15" SE's instead. They will do more with that power than the HC.

Go for about 5-9 cubes net for the pair and should do well...

Like drjjg said...the 18"s are also an option...but I'd say go with a pair of 15 SE's...

I have heard a 15HC w/ 1000 watts and a 15HC w/ 1500 watts. Both VERY loud, but the HC w/ 1500 watts blew me away. Isn't the Rms on the 15HC around 1500 watts? Just like what the others said for you to do. Go with the SE's or maybe even the SEXXX's. Good luck

I have heard a 15HC w/ 1000 watts and a 15HC w/ 1500 watts. Both VERY loud, but the HC w/ 1500 watts blew me away. Isn't the Rms on the 15HC around 1500 watts? Just like what the others said for you to do. Go with the SE's or maybe even the SEXXX's. Good luck
yes i was with eddie when we compared the 15 hc with a rockford fosgate putting out 900 and a hifonics with 1500 , the hc with 1500 was very loud and sounded great. I would reccomend giving each hc 1500 or so from what i heard

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.