Hifonics BRUTUS BX1000D

I'd avoid the Hifonics forum boner. I hate my BX1000D and it is being replaced by an Xtant 1001dx. I had the chance to compare it to a DEI Viper 1200.1 and I was blown away how much better my brahma sounded.

The hifonics power supply puts out so much noise, that I cannot get ANY FM reception and had to switch to sirius. Not to mention its causing major dimming on my car with the Big 3, and a 160amp alternator. The DEI viper caused no dimming.

Hifonics = Forum Boner = You get what you pay for.

yup i agree rogue...its built crappy...get a better quality amp
Actually it's a pretty tuff amp.

Never have any dimming with my BX1500d on my 100amp alt. Of course I'm gain conscious and know what I'm doing //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Oh and I think the boner is over. Which is a good thing.

yea i dont get any diming but the amp is underated and build crappy...i got a JL500/1 amp (just for temporary) and it outpounded my hifonics...so i would say get a better quality amp

Actually it's a pretty tuff amp.
Never have any dimming with my BX1500d on my 100amp alt. Of course I'm gain conscious and know what I'm doing //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
I hope that was in jest, because the lead installer for Tru Technology dialed my amp in and upgraded my Big 3.

The amp is crap. "Good for the money" .... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/redface.gif.62fdbfe1a101588a808c4cff71bcb942.gif

Hmm, wierd. When I had my 1500D on my oscilloscope I saw no noise on the output. Perfect FM reception and barely any dimming on my stock alternator.
Yeah I searched every forum on the net and found multiple cases where FM reception was an issue with the Hifonics Brutus line. But there are also quite a few people that never had any FM issues. It must be a build quality issue with the PSU? I spoke with hifonics and they claimed the switching power supply was to blame. They recommended I relocate the amplifier away from the Antenna. Its mounted on the rear seat in the trunk and the antenna is in the rear glass. I said screw it and got Sirius and am waiting to replace it with another Xtant to match my 604x.

I am amazed with the brahma and I understand THAT boner. The hifonics one on the other hand, completely eludes me due to my experience. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

Thats mostly the case. You get a few bad experiences and they start posting everywhere on how crappy a product it is. But it could just be the luck of the draw.

My VGA320.4 craped out after one day. Does this make it a "crappy" product of poor build. No just got unlucky.

I've had a great experience with mine. Just wanted to chime in.

My VGA320.4 craped out after one day. Does this make it a "crappy" product of poor build. No just got unlucky.
That seems to be a pretty frequent occurance aswell.....VGA's crapping out.

Anyways, as mentioned, if you are going to spend the money for a JLw6v2, then atleast get an amp that compliments it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.