Hiding wires in a silverado??

Participant count
  • Participant list

Justin braaapp

CarAudio.com Elite
Im going to be installing my first (big boy system) this weekend in my 2000 chevy silverado. Im going to have 4 runs of 0 gauge going from the front battery to the rear batt, two for positive and two for negative. Ive never had to hide this much wire and I'm just wondering where the best place to run it is? i was thinking about going through the firewall and follow the center console back to the rear under the carpet by I don't want the carped to have bulges in it. does anybody have any suggestions for hiding the 0 gauge? Thanks in advance for the help guys.

Justin

Run from front battery under the truck and zip tie it in the frame rail to a grometed hole into the cab where you want it. I just did mine with two batterys under the hood and big 3 on each battery and Singer 280 amp alt. Its clean and safe and wont catch your interior on fire if you ever have a problem

Also I would run 6 total 3 poss and 3 neg while your at it cuz most big amps need two poss and two neg and one to power other amps also for future upgrades

Run from front battery under the truck and zip tie it in the frame rail to a grometed hole into the cab where you want it. I just did mine with two batterys under the hood and big 3 on each battery and Singer 280 amp alt. Its clean and safe and wont catch your interior on fire if you ever have a problem
Wait sorry for the confusion, your saying go from the front battery under the truck and into the rear of the truck? and yea I have the third run from the amp to the to second batt but I didn't count that lol.

ya . that hole is on the floor near the back wall BUT look before you drill !!!! GAS Tank under there too so just make sure you clear it and i used a hole saw on a drill and the gromet is a pvc elect conduit coupler that i cut down with a hack saw you can get at any hardware store its the fitting they use to go from 2" conduit to a electric box so it has a lock nut so you stick it trough the hole ans screw lock nut on and your done. It actually looks like a big job but I think I did it all in hour or two and I soldered all my cable with copper lugs.

Alright cool thanks for the help man i really appreciate it! box is getting done next sunday so i should have the install done this week and have it all ready to hook up! you think if i just go to the local hardware store and show them the pic they will know what that is?

---------- Post added at 03:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:15 AM ----------

oh you just cut pvc pipe down?

No But closeits the part they put on pcv elec conduit (pipe ) one end slips over pipe and other end has threads i just cut off the tube that slips over pipe but you really dont even gotta do that, Hang on I will find you a pic and post it so you can see it, I think it cost about 3.00

Here is one so just get one that all your wiring will fit through and get the thin lock nut and it goes on the threads and you can see once you have it you could cut the extra off the non threaded side. It makes a secure gromit that wont fall out like rubber ones and if you ever get rid of truck you can just take it out and pop a one of the hole plugs in it and all is well.

View attachment 26546336View attachment 26546336

No problem, Happy to help ! oh ya buy a hole saw at the hareware you want the size so the threaded part will just fit through the hole. I am here if you need any help

No problem, Happy to help ! oh ya buy a hole saw at the hareware you want the size so the threaded part will just fit through the hole. I am here if you need any help
thanks man I'm gunna run up there tomorrow! shoot me a text 949-356-2455 incase I need some help lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.