Hiding power/grounds

Participant count
  • Participant list
Just make sure all grounds are secure, and have been shaved down to where no paint is between the terminal and the metal. I used some locking fasteners to keep my grounds from becoming loose(not exactly sure what these are called), its like a locking washer i believe. I need your car type, intentions, wire size and location of wiring to be more helpful. Also, do not run your RCA's next to your power wire. Some small zip ties to tie wires together under carpet or fabric have always helped me. Hope this helps, good luck!!

Try to keep your positive wire from getting close to anything hot or moving in the engine bay, zip ties are a wonderful thing. Grommets in the firewall are your friend, too! Hope it all went well.

Difficulty will totally depend on how much wire you're running, by the way. I used to run a single run of 4 GA power...that was simple. I've now got 4 runs of 1/0 going under my carpet. That was more of a challenge. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Difficulty will totally depend on how much wire you're running, by the way. I used to run a single run of 4 GA power...that was simple. I've now got 4 runs of 1/0 going under my carpet. That was more of a challenge. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
Yeah the 6 gauge I had before fit the firewall grommet of my car perfectly and sat under the trim nicely, when I switched to 2 gauge I had to get a bigger grommet, drill the hole bigger, and cut a small channel in the trim. PITA factor=through the roof.

Under carpet. People assume pulling trim and seats is hard to do. A seat is litterally 4 bolts and takes 5 minutes to pull. Makes it much easier to get under the dash as well. As far as laying it out for you of what you need to do, you provided zero info, so that is hard to do.

Under carpet. People assume pulling trim and seats is hard to do. A seat is litterally 4 bolts and takes 5 minutes to pull. Makes it much easier to get under the dash as well. As far as laying it out for you of what you need to do, you provided zero info, so that is hard to do.
4 bolts and a god-awful amount of electrical connections... Heated and cooled seats, all electric seat movement... Trim is easier to remove for me.

Haha it took way too much force to run the 4 gauge lol. Now i just have to figure out why my subs wont hit...

Most of the info is in my sig, but i have heated electrical seats on both sides. Just peeled up the carpet next to the door then shoved it back under.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.