HID Installation?

CCCCavy.
10+ year member

CCCCavy
Ga
Just ordered myself an HID conversion kit off carid.com, should come sometime this week. But i was wondering, those of you who have already convertedto hids, how do you go by installing them? yourself? shop? if so what kind fo shop and how was the quality of their work doing it.

thanks a bunch, and will be posting before and after pics soon as they come in //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I installed mine from DDMtuning.com myself....took 5 mintues

Depends on if its plug and play....the only part that requires any thought is seeing where you gonna put the ballasts at

This was pretty much the first thing I ever did by myself on my car. If you take your time it still shouldn't take more than an hour or two depending on how you mount your ballasts. I have a bi-xenon kit so it has 4 ballasts and they were a bitch to find spots to mount them. I took them to a local stereo shop first and those dickheads wanted to charge me $400 for labor and a mounting rack for the ballasts. HAH I think not...

I paid $550 for install at my local car shop when I couldn't figure it out and finally gave up. They told me it was the best price in town. =[
i paid more than that in parts for mine, but i dont have a ghetto plug in play kit in halogen reflectors either. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

I paid $285 for a bi-xenon plug and play kit. At the time it was decent and before a lot of the retrofit sites took off. I was one of the first people in my area with HIDs that didn't come stock (except for the Honda guys who were stealing Acura TL lights because the bulbs was the same size or something like that). This was yearsss ago though. Now I wish I saved the cash and did a bi-xenon projector retrofit with FX35 projectors or something similar. :-/

Any plug n play, non retro-fit ,is alllll the same, i dont care what anyone says.

$60 to $400 its all the same for kits.

Retro-fit is the only true way....but thats hella expensive and have to do a good bit of work to headlights

Any plug n play, non retro-fit ,is alllll the same, i dont care what anyone says.
$60 to $400 its all the same for kits.

Retro-fit is the only true way....but thats hella expensive and have to do a good bit of work to headlights

x2, i have casper shields and they still leak up a little bit, plug and play is all the same garbage

on my camaro i'm spending the $1000 to get a true oem phillips kit with infiniti projectors

Shop quoted me $250 I looked at them wierd. Then looked at the HID kit and saw 3 wires. Thought to myself $250 for hooking up 3 wires?

Went home and did it in 30 min. Where are you in GA I could possibly help.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.