hey all

imanerd2
10+ year member

hey everyone i am new to this site and was wandering if i could get some help on my stereo system. I have 2 12' Kenwood woofers and a 1000 watt. autotek amp, and a sony head unit. My system bumps but it seems like it should be ALLOOTT louder. theirs knobs on the amp but i have no clue what they do, ive messed with them a little and it gets a little louder but bad quality.I have these sitting in the back of my 2001 camaro where the t-tops would be stored. can you pls help me out?

the knobs on the amp are level, Bass EQ, HPF,LPF, X-over, mode/mono,stereo
Set your gain level based on your hu rca voltage (probably 2 to 4 volts) . If the hu voltage is not known do this; Ensure that the Level is turned completely to the left prior to turning the system on. Next you should insert a CD or cassette that you are familiar with to use as a reference, and turn the

head unit volume control to about 80% of its full setting. Turn the level control up slowly, till you hear distortion, then back off a few degrees on the control. If at any point your amplifier goes into protection, you will need to turn the Level to the left a bit and then try again. If you reach a point where the output does not increase, stop turning the Level control to the right as the amplifier/speaker combo has reached its max output in this application.

bass eq = 0

hpf = 25 hz (that amp uses the high pass as a subfilter)

lpf = 80hz to start, can make slight adjustments later

xover = lowpass

mode= mono

make sure your subs are wired so the amp sees no lower than a 4ohm load.

ty very much i will try out these setting tommoro and loet you know how it is //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

also i would like to add, the subs arent aucually in a box, they are in a piece of plywood that is sitting one the edges of where the t-tops are suposed to be, is that anything major?

also i would like to add, the subs arent aucually in a box, they are in a piece of plywood that is sitting one the edges of where the t-tops are suposed to be, is that anything major?
Probably not a good install, but we'd have to see some pics to say for sure. The front and rear waves must be sealed off from one another, and the airspace behind the baffle (plywood) must be of a proper volume or performance will be adversely affected. By the way you describe the install, Im guessing these details were not addressed.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.