Hertz

Blackcharger06
10+ year member

Hey guys I went to the hertz website today and saw the MLK 165's finally up. What is the major difference between the MLK 165's and the MLK 2 comp system. Some of the stuff looks similar but I know there is what like a 500-1000 dollar difference in price? Ah well any info would be helpful.

Brian

Tweet is different... the MLK 165's use the SPACE1 tweet (told to me by the local distributor)... Seems like the best deal for the high end Hertz is the Mille tweets and midbass, WITH OUT the x-overs.... with the x-overs they are like $18xx, without they are like $12xx .... yes, $600 cheaper! Just go active.. I was thinking of using the Mille's with the Audison 5.1k amp (gotta love the class A for tweets, class AB for midbass, and class D for subs idead!) .... but just trying to listen to them.... have yet to.... anyone know where here in SoCal I can listen to them? Oh, and that $600 you save on the X-overs.... put it toward the amp, or get a 9887 with the Imprint module :>

Hey guys I went to the hertz website today and saw the MLK 165's finally up. What is the major difference between the MLK 165's and the MLK 2 comp system. Some of the stuff looks similar but I know there is what like a 500-1000 dollar difference in price? Ah well any info would be helpful.
Brian

Tweet is different... the MLK 165's use the SPACE1 tweet (told to me by the local distributor)... Seems like the best deal for the high end Hertz is the Mille tweets and midbass, WITH OUT the x-overs.... with the x-overs they are like $18xx, without they are like $12xx .... yes, $600 cheaper! Just go active.. I was thinking of using the Mille's with the Audison 5.1k amp (gotta love the class A for tweets, class AB for midbass, and class D for subs idead!) .... but just trying to listen to them.... have yet to.... anyone know where here in SoCal I can listen to them? Oh, and that $600 you save on the X-overs.... put it toward the amp, or get a 9887 with the Imprint module :>
That must be one hell of a tweeter. I've got the pxa h701 so going active is always an option. I'm having trouble with my crossovers now so I might just do it anways. I'm wondering how the new morel supremo tweeter compares to the hertz. I know everyone here read the review in moblie electonics but I have yet to do a side by side comparsion myself.

Good like with a side by side //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif! Hard to find a place that sells morel's, and to find one that also sells Hertz... good luck there.... The thing is, the top of the line Morel tweets are 4" wide! The next one down (the picolas), are just over 2", so that is much more proactical... I heard some morel's recently... but heck if I could remember the model.... something did not sound right to me... I guess I shoulg go listen again //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

That must be one hell of a tweeter. I've got the pxa h701 so going active is always an option. I'm having trouble with my crossovers now so I might just do it anways. I'm wondering how the new morel supremo tweeter compares to the hertz. I know everyone here read the review in moblie electonics but I have yet to do a side by side comparsion myself.

I'm wondering how zapco amps would go with some MLK 2's. Don was very honest about my current system and I might be due for an overhall. I like the balanced out puts of the zapco amps of 16 volts. I still need to find some locally, no way am I going to buy them before I listen to them.

You cannot go wrong with the Audison or Zapco. I have ran Audison LRx before and am now switching to the Zapco DC Ref.
yea that is what I hate about car audio. I got a bunch of stuff which now I wish I waited and did some more shopping. It seems like hertz is the next big thing ( in America anyways) Right now I'm probably going to stay passive so it looks like I'm going with the MLK 165. I have yet to hear bad things about them. I can only imagine how amazing the MLK 3's and 2's really sound. I should just wait , but that would just make sense //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

If you want to get that one setup with the SPACE1 tweet, let me know.
I will let that tweeter and SPACE crossover go if you are interested.
I might have to take you up on that. I've been trying to get a hold of Don, he seems to be the guy to talk on on here, I know he has them in his car, but i'm looking for input of anyone who has the Hertz MILLe line in there car.

I was thinking of using the Mille's with the Audison 5.1k amp (gotta love the class A for tweets, class AB for midbass, and class D for subs idead!) .... but just trying to listen to them.... have yet to.... anyone know where here in SoCal I can listen to them? Oh, and that $600 you save on the X-overs.... put it toward the amp, or get a 9887 with the Imprint module :>
Just Do it. That is the setup I have with the Hertz ML3000 Sub. It is so sweet sounding. You will not be disappointed.

mlk165 are "baby milles" from what larry frederick said

btw the audison lrx5.1k amp is SICKKK!!! i want one soo badd.
I spoke to him directly about other business and he had nothing but //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif when he heard what I was running... He didn't mention my components as "baby milles" but who knows... I notice the mlk165 mid gets lower @ 35hz and its a different tweet. I have heard both setups and I promise nobody can justify spending the extra money on the MLK 2's.

I spoke to him directly about other business and he had nothing but //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif when he heard what I was running... He didn't mention my components as "baby milles" but who knows... I notice the mlk165 mid gets lower @ 35hz and its a different tweet. I have heard both setups and I promise nobody can justify spending the extra money on the MLK 2's.
post 89 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/car-audio/101335-hertz-high-energy-comps-arrived-6.html

interesting... When you picking up those mids?
well I am working on a new build today actually, so im set back a few from glass and mdf. as soon as i get some more work i'll be picking them up asap. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.