Hertz vs. DLS

Participant count
  • Participant list

MCQuad
10+ year member

Looking for suggestions on which of these pairs of speakers would be the best for the music genras I like as well as which one is the best in terms of overall sound quality. I like crisp clear highs, punchy mid bass or bass that goes low enough to be crossed over at 100hrz or 80hrz. These will be going into my 2002 Ford Explorer, I will be using a cheaper kenwood amp and either a dls or dayton sub being powered by a memphis amp. Still not sure about the head unit I want to go with. I will look into that later. I am trying to get the best possible sound quality. Not interested in spl. I listen at low to moderate volumes and mostly listen to classic rock along with some outlaw country.

So basically that comes down to which 2 way component set?

Either the Hertz 165

or

dls rs6a

or

the next step up in the dls line.

Please dont get all frustrated with the number of threads I am starting. I need advise on each aspect of my system and would prefer to seperate threads in each of there proper sections.

Thanks!!!!

Try to find a dealer that you can go take a listen to them. even if it is 2 separate places, it is better than not at all. you can search here to find reviews but this is too subjective imo.

My nearest dealer is 8 hours away. I live in the deep south and in the most rural part to make matters worse. No way I am going to be able to audition these. Of course I know this is purely subjective, I just want to hear some opinions on these particular models. Thanks

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.