Hertz Mille VS. Rainbow Germ

You say you have an iPaul amplifier. I'm assuming the 4.300, since you say 90w per channel. You can bridge that amp and get up to 270 watts per channel. You don't have to use all of that power (and in fact you shouldn't).

you need more then 90 watts on mlk's. You will think that they are a waste of money if you listen to them with 90 watts. Wont sound very good. been there done that.

Keep in mind the Germs lost a substantial amount of points because of lack of hardware included with the set that was sent with them for the review. Also: image stability- the Germ xover has MANY combinations to select from on the passive xover to integrate tweeter and mid xover points for the best results in a particular installation or speaker arrangement...could it possibly mean the ones chosen by the reviewer were not optimal to properly evaluate such things as image stability,tonal balance, etc? Afterall...we are speaking of the most crucial part of speaker integration and phase response: the xover point in the critical midrange.
Not so much defending the Germs, but bringing out the obvious.

Like all reviews...it doesnt matter if its in a magazine....most aspects are subjective and must be taken with a grain of salt.
Beat me to it, but the point remains. Subjective and more importantly political points came into play.

The lack of hardware for proper 'testing' was lacking and therefore also lost points.

Bearing in mind Rainbow has at any given time a minimum of three various size vehicles for testing their products in real life situations - for use in cars. A 'review' inside of an enclosure on a desk is less than ideal for a mobile driver.

Take my thoughts with a grain of salt, but I am a dealer for both and my vote would lean a bit more on the Germs.

i dont think hertz will ever be a forum boner on here...they are getting alot more popular though
but most cant get them for any deals, its usually msrp, will hardly ever find them on ebay unless they are used

There is a transhipper or two on these forums that are accommodating buyers for minimal mark ups over cost. SRP doesnt stand a chance here.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.