Hertz HSK165 active HELP

Participant count
  • Participant list

JCE10SQ

So as the title says, I will be getting rid of the crossovers on my HSK165 comp set and wanted to know if anyone has the specs for the HV165 mid range. Ive looked on the Hertz website but only found info on the HV165L and HV165XL which are all different. Nothing on the HV165 itself.

What Im trying to figure out is where to set my crossover points. If anyone out their has any experience with running the HSK165 active Id greatly appreciate any feedback.

Thanks!

1st things first.

putting the midbass on axis as possible. this gives you a much lkarger bandwidth in which you can choose your xover and your slope that blends the best.

getting the enclosure correct. i usually suggest a good ported design but its hard to do with stock locations so getting a good sealed airspace that is the correct amount will make all the difference.

thrid I would say would be location of the tweeter.. a good DSP can pull hte midrange up high with good time alignment if you have no choice to mount the tweeter high up away for the mid.

So as the title says, I will be getting rid of the crossovers on my HSK165 comp set and wanted to know if anyone has the specs for the HV165 mid range. Ive looked on the Hertz website but only found info on the HV165L and HV165XL which are all different. Nothing on the HV165 itself.
What Im trying to figure out is where to set my crossover points. If anyone out their has any experience with running the HSK165 active Id greatly appreciate any feedback.

Thanks!
http://www.hertzaudiovideo.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/Hertz_HiEnergy_HSK165.pdf

Bottom left of page. The HV 165 doesn't have its own tech sheet but all the info hertz provides is in that link. BTW I just texted you about something else.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.