Hertz HSK163's difference between "real" and "fake"

Participant count
  • Participant list

tat2bass
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Cali
I was reading around on DIYMA and guys were talking about the guy on ebay from Bulgaria that sells Hertz products for cheap. They were saying that there is no proven difference between the "real" Hertz speakers from an authorized dealer and his. Anyone have experience with these or heard anything? Is it just poor QC on Elletromedia's part?

Never tried them, I always get my Hertz for authorized dealers...

To some 3 or 400 hundred bucks isn't a lot of money but to me it is.

And hate to get burnt...

I prefer the warranty when paying that much for "new" speakers. If you want a deal, just buy used that was purchased authorized.

We know that Hertz makes money on their products, but you can tell by inspection that there is a good amount of cost in the manufacturing of them (especially the Mille line). We also know that not every piece is perfect and that QC will separate out the good from the "bad". it makes financial sense for them to sell the B-stock also, but at a lower price point.

I consider the Herz "fakes" as B-stoc: genuine Hertz with cosmetic flaws. Those parts and pieces are too complicated for some other comjpany to make as a "fake".

Then you have the issue about buying used Hertz, you do not know if it was a second or came from Malaysia. Unless you know the seller, If the seller bought from an authorized dealer, If I was going to buy a used Hertz product I would demand to see original receipt pictures or copies just to rule out any issues. Or the seller better put some 5 or higher megapixel photos of the item to rule out any defects from seconds or any doubts.

Some sellers on Ebay sell some HSK's for as low as $200.00 shipped, duplication is possible it is there and it will be there with hot and expensive items, a bunch of Focals also are really cheap.

I would trust getting them from Italy and knowing the price is not 65% off retail and more like 30-40%.

I also read that, yes they are B stock items and repacked in fake boxes cause they were sold in pieces and they put them together, copy the manual and docs, to sell it as new.

It is a risky move, you can win and you can loose too. heads or tails? I would feel more comfortable shipping a warranty return to Europe than to China or Malaysia.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.