Hertz Audio High Energy HSK165 vs Focal 165 KPS

Ive read the Morel set is nice. Ive heard the Hertz HSK 165 and they are very impressive for the price. Ive been running focal the past 4 or 5 years and the TN52 tweeter gets bright quickly under power. I prefer the Hertz the best so far.

In testing, the Hertz beat out the Focal's in overall performance. Can't find where I saved that PDF to.

$350? Nah. They aren't really giving you a deal.

If your budget is $400, you could suit up with some Rainbows that would outperform both the Hertz and Focal.

Morel is a totally different sound than the Hertz and Focal brands.

Hertz, Focal = Bright, upfront

Morel = Laid back, more neutral.

heard a lot about Morel and Rainbow stuff but never have a chance to try, i will get into it this time, if you have tried them in the past please give me the model number thanks .

The morel tempo 6 and the hertz hsk 165 are both around $250 a pair if you look around. Woofersetc has the morel's for $249.99 with free shipping. I chose the morels after hearing both the because they are better balanced between tweeter and mids.

Theres no replacement for good sound deadner.

The Focal have a very sharp tweeter so if that is not what you like then you may want to look at other comps with soft dome tweeters. Morel, Rainbow, Image Dynamics, CDT and Dyn are nice sounding comps with smooth tweeters.

I've heard the Focal's and wasn't impressed, I don't know if I was expecting too much due to all the hype I had been hearing bout them but I just wasn't inpressed. I liked my Z6's way more over everything that was demoed for me by the local Focal dealer in their lineup.

I haven't heard the Hertz either but I'm hearing plently of great reviews so who knows......as was stated before check out the Rainbows cause I can tell you that you definetly won't be disappointed......//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif:D:D

i will go with Rainbow SLC 365 a company making a pair of component for $10k :crazy:so i think they knows what they doing, pay $359 at Wooferetc.com with free shipping, thanks everyone for your help.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.