6.5 components audio frog ,Hertz Memphis Audio, Morel

Starlord

CarAudio.com Newbie
canada
I am looking for component speakers and these sets have interested me, can anyone give me any advice on what would be better here? I listen to everything but country but mianly edm and rap genres of music. would it be worth it to spend more then the audio frogs when using passive crossovers? I can't afford to go active and buy the audio frogs GB60 and GB15 plus their crossover or a dsp.
I still have to get door treatment and an amp as well

prices are roughly what they are listed for in my country
audio frog G60S PERFORMANCE 6″ COMPONENT SYSTEM $399.00

Hertz MLK 1650.3 LEGEND165 $820

Memphis Audio VIV60CV2 6.5 $830

Morel Tempo Ultra 602 MKII C $649.00

I am looking for component speakers and these sets have interested me, can anyone give me any advice on what would be better here? I listen to everything but country but mianly edm and rap genres of music. would it be worth it to spend more then the audio frogs when using passive crossovers? I can't afford to go active and buy the audio frogs GB60 and GB15 plus their crossover or a dsp.
I still have to get door treatment and an amp as well

prices are roughly what they are listed for in my country
audio frog G60S PERFORMANCE 6″ COMPONENT SYSTEM $399.00

Hertz MLK 1650.3 LEGEND165 $820

Memphis Audio VIV60CV2 6.5 $830

Morel Tempo Ultra 602 MKII C $649.00

I've heard the audiofrog GB 3 way set, it's definitely a nice set. For me, I went with the Mille Legends from hertz. If you get the 1650.3 you can upgrade in the future to the 3 way setup like I did.

I don't know where your prices are coming from but the 1650.3 componamt set is alot more expensive than $820

Before you worry about what specific speaker set you want to run, get your installation figured out. Putting really expensive speakers into a poorly deadened/sealed door is just a path to disappointment.

Matt

Or why don’t you look at the Audiofrog GS line? They have a crossover you can purchase for specific use with the GS60 and GS10

I wasn't that impressed with the Memphis viv 6.5 comps.

I have run them for years and the mids are sitting in storage replaced but silverflutes.
The tweeters are nice and laid back so I kept them around.

I managed to blow one of them. 99% it was my fault I think I mixed up my rcas when reinstalling my amp after using the rcas to test a different amp. That wouldean I fed the tweeter 2600hz and down at 125w for some sort of time. My fault. Going to be replaced with DD a series

The crossovers are also kinda fragile I never used them but they got damaged fairly fast just being moved around in storage.

I’m running the Morel Tempo Ultra 692 MkII, the 6x9 version. I was convinced to go Morel because of the description of a “laidback” tweeter, and the MkII series are midbass monsters. Check mark on both counts. I’m coming from. Kicker KS 6x9 set, and those tweeters were “searing” bright. I had to adjust them -8db on my H/U. The Morels are run flat.

total steal right there! Those midbass drivers in that set are excellent! They have solid output from about 90hz and above but if installed correctly can play lower. Amazing depth as well. The 4” mid is solid and so is the tweeter in that set. The xover is decent but anyone eyeing that set up remember, if you call you can always work a deal out if a better xover is wanted! CDT will do whatever you want as nothing is pre packaged.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...